Take Things For Granted

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Don't you ever wonder at times, that we take things for granted sometimes? Well, I certainly do, we go home and say mama, baba mafeesh akl fel telaga (mom, dad there is nothing in the fridge), we look for snacks, and when we get sick of a type of food or snack, and there is a lot left and such, but we make a trip to the grocery store like what, 2 times a week! Sorry if there is a topic about this already, I'm not sure though if there is, please respond to the question, please and thank you!

Forever,
Coptic Servent

Comments

• I have felt that way before
    then i think about people in less fortunate areas such as africa they make use of what they have and if there is food they will never say i am tired of this and if u look closer u will see that they r probably more happy then us
  • [quote author=Abba Mina link=board=10;threadid=3693;start=0#msg52921 date=1145578230]
    I have felt that way before
    then i think about people in less fortunate areas such as africa they make use of what they have and if there is food they will never say i am tired of this and if u look closer u will see that they r probably more happy then us

I always think about other people, as in like Africa, or even the countries that were hit by tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes... and so on, I really like what you said Abba Mina you got to the main point, thank you for responding, anyone else have anything to say, and Abba Mina you can add on if you would like!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • definetly....with the talaga thing...lol

but me the most...would proabbaly be my parents...

where sometimes i take what they do for me afor granted like...taking me to skool, youth mettings...going in the dark 12 at night to take me home from some church activities...and when we dont go out because my mum is tired....lets just say i am not NICE!!

and yes definetly ..i see the people in egypt..where like clothes that are old...are like used for my dolls...okaiie bit of an exadurtion...and no i do not play with doles...just an example...

but yes DEFINETLY...
  • [quote author=why link=board=10;threadid=3693;start=0#msg52994 date=1145789014]
    definetly....with the talaga thing...lol

but me the most...would proabbaly be my parents...

where sometimes i take what they do for me afor granted like...taking me to skool, youth mettings...going in the dark 12 at night to take me home from some church activities...and when we dont go out because my mum is tired....lets just say i am not NICE!!

and yes definetly ..i see the people in egypt..where like clothes that are old...are like used for my dolls...okaiie bit of an exadurtion...and no i do not play with doles...just an example...

but yes DEFINETLY...

I definitely agree, your not exaggerating at all, actually, it's very true, I yell when my parents won't do something with me, like go get ice cream from DQ, getting something for Church or school, etc!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Please doesn't anyone have any other opinions, I would love to hear them, please reply asap! Thank you!

Firever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Absolutely....

My parents, friends, family, my church. I live in a country of freedom of speech and expression, where every1 is equal and yet, i forget so many are being abused, tortured, raped, murdered. To think how lucky I am...

My family and friends...I honestly have the best family in the world, omg like how I take for granted how much they've suffered to make me happy. You kind of think that it's their duty or in a sence, they do it without you even realising because its become a habit for them. But do you ever stop and say, wow! THank you for all you've given me.

My church...how lucky are we to be born and raised in our coptic church. Im not joking, we are! I attend a Catholic school (forgive me if i sound offensive in anyway), but they are missing out big time. Our masses, sermons, youth meetings, our priets. It is all incredible, and yet, I fail to realise that we are truly blessed.

There are so many things you forget because you are so used to it. Like a roof over your head, food on your table, clothes on your back. We truly dont, I truly sometimes forget what a luxury it is.

God bless
    Mazza

Pray 4 me
  • [quote author=mazza link=board=10;threadid=3693;start=0#msg53534 date=1146284054]
    Absolutely....

My parents, friends, family, my church. I live in a country of freedom of speech and expression, where every1 is equal and yet, i forget so many are being abused, tortured, raped, murdered. To think how lucky I am...

My family and friends...I honestly have the best family in the world, omg like how I take for granted how much they've suffered to make me happy. You kind of think that it's their duty or in a sence, they do it without you even realising because its become a habit for them. But do you ever stop and say, wow! THank you for all you've given me.

My church...how lucky are we to be born and raised in our coptic church. Im not joking, we are! I attend a Catholic school (forgive me if i sound offensive in anyway), but they are missing out big time. Our masses, sermons, youth meetings, our priets. It is all incredible, and yet, I fail to realise that we are truly blessed.

There are so many things you forget because you are so used to it. Like a roof over your head, food on your table, clothes on your back. We truly dont, I truly sometimes forget what a luxury it is.

God bless
    Mazza

Pray 4 me

WOW mazza, that is so good, I know exactly what your talking about, ya catholics are different, but I sound offensive sometimes, since I'm comparing them to our religion all the time I think we are very lucky, we take the littlest thing and take it for granted, like I forget sometimes that someone up there is watching me and I don't even realize what I'm doing, so I take time for granted, I take my parents-family and friends and even church as well for granted, first off, I forget sometimes the things that my parents give me, even one day I came and told them, for valentines day, we don't celebrate it, but we know what it is, my friend asks me are your parents going to give you anything for valentines day, and I reply I don't need anything except love, that's the best gift they can give me, my family has done so much for me, helped me with problems, gave me shelter to sit under, food to eat, which most people don't have, and clothes, I buy clothes like every week, because there on sale, so we go shopping, and I talk shopping for granted, which most people can't afford to buy a thing, that is why I give my most prized possessions out to poor people because I know for sure that they will be much more happy than me, and plus it makes me feel good inside, I want to have another charity, and plus when I grow up to become a pediatrition God willing, I will go to the children's hospitals and buy them toys, and give them care, because I know for a fact that everyone in the world needs love!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent