projects i can do

2»

Comments

• [quote author=why link=board=10;threadid=3687;start=30#msg56942 date=1151473994]
    yep thanks heaps..but i was wondering what a bazaar is... :-[

A bazaar is:

1 : a market (as in the Middle East) consisting of rows of shops or stalls selling miscellaneous goods
    2 a : a place for the sale of goods b : DEPARTMENT STORE
    3 : a fair for the sale of articles especially for charitable purposes

So pretty much like a stall or market type thing.
  • Yeah, a bazaar is sort of like an open marketplace, where they sell things outside of the church to raise money for charity, or as a fundraiser for the church. These events can usually go really out of hand if they don't have enough volunteers, so that is something they are usually need a lot of people to help out with.
  • u know u can ask ur friends at class for their number as friends or thats not alwoed?? and then you can all them when they dont show up or if anyone new come to the church try to make them welcome or atlest take the peoples email so u can email them u know
  • yes marena,

i tried to do that but by law i wasnt allowed to take the numbers from the list becasue they had not 'authorised ME' to take such information...

but i like the email idea...

thanks heaps..

oh a BIT of the topic..BUT i hate to judge and all but i saw the PROTESTANTS hold a garage sale INSIDE the church. i was really confused as i though Jesus got angry when there was a Marketplace INSIDE his temple.

am i right or is there more behind it ???
  • no u r authorised to go ask them for numbers yourself.... thats how u gather the info in the firstplace.... u just cant get all of it yourself without their consent.... i suggest you take away which denomination it was.... it doesnt matter who did they are christian and thats it.... some people from that certain denomination may be on this site and get offended as things like this drove other people off this site.

+FROG+
  • [quote author=why link=board=10;threadid=3687;start=30#msg56983 date=1151549617]oh a BIT of the topic..BUT i hate to judge and all but i saw the PROTESTANTS hold a garage sale INSIDE the church. i was really confused as i though Jesus got angry when there was a Marketplace INSIDE his temple.

Some churches do that for the sake of donation, even some coptic churches do that here and in Egypt, the profit that they make out of selling anything is given as a donation to the church. We use to do that in our church so we can get donations to build a monastery, but abouna kinda of refused that idea knowing the profit is for the church, so it really depends on the priests and where the profit is going.
  • so in austriala u cant get any ones phone number even friends?? wow tats wierd or i am miss understanding?? ???
  • [quote author=FULLY RELY ON GOD link=board=10;threadid=3687;start=30#msg56990 date=1151570895]
    no u r authorised to go ask them for numbers yourself.... thats how u gather the info in the firstplace.... u just cant get all of it yourself without their consent.... i suggest you take away which denomination it was.... it doesnt matter who did they are christian and thats it.... some people from that certain denomination may be on this site and get offended as things like this drove other people off this site.

+FROG+

thats the answer marena...

oh no i didnt mean it that way, i just wanted to know if our denomination had a different view on this matter that is all.

Yes amba abraam has stall and everything but they donot do it INSIDE the church. Do the churches in Egypt do it INSIDE? i would understand if they had a limited amount of space reluctantly causeing them to do it inside the church but not in my case as they the church owned a HALL...
  • well when we did it here, it was in the basement of the church which is considered inside the church i guess, and the ones in egypt, they did it in like the area outside the church but it's still part of the church. I doubt even the one you saw did it inside the church itself like the area where we pray (that would be a little weired if they did that)
    if any of you guys went to moulads in egypt (like St. George's one in meet damses, or just random nahda for any saint...usually for st. mary on her feast) they sell stuff around the churches and inside the area of the church itself but not inside the building where we pray so y3any it's kinda of common everywhere.
  • nope it was where they prayed even on the table of the altar but i am generalising that their altar would not be sanctifid with the Holy mayroon and therefore just like any other table until it comes to Sunday where the Holy Communion is on it :-X
  • that if they even have communion..yallah God forgive them
  • any1 else?? for the market thing??
  • who cares get over it.
  • HOW RUDE rabena yesamhek...but i wil get over it... :P
  • ull get over it... who cares wat other people do ... lets just focus on getting ourselves to heaven....

+FROG+
  • u know we just cant forget about it we have to see what others do wrong and try not to do it ourselfs u know so we can learn. i dont think they have comunin. but in my church in egypte the place where they usually do meeting they made it on fridays an alter so they little kids have their own litrugy and when there is no church we use it as choir,performing plays so i duno it depends on y they were seling that stuff u know. but for me if they want to do fundrasier they should put a box and pepole put money in it
    i hope it helps