Lack of faith, affliction...

edited January 2010 in Personal Issues
sorry for deleting

Comments

• I am in no position to talk of how adhd does or does not buffet you in your personal life. For I neither must endure it nor am closely aquainted within someone who does. The affliction that seems to force itself upon you is a contention not only psychologically but spiritually as well. I can only sympathize with your struggle. Nevertheless, your question revolves around the lack of acquiescence on God's part to bestow healing upon you, either in the past or at the present moment.

Most certainly there is the necessity for recovery from the physical ailments of life. Yet, this is primarily acknowledged since physical relief promotes the very commencement of spiritual relief for the individual. The consummate expression of all healing is the regeneration which endures for all eternity.....and only one's spiritual recovery actually endures for all eternity. For, were you to entirely recover from your psyche’s aberration, it might not be a moment's thereafter that you could be plagued with the common cold.
    This is not to suggest that there is no difference, for their most certainly is a core difference between the two symptoms. One is faceted around the biological process to rid the body of infectious material that may last for a few days’ time, while the other is the mind's attempt to release restrictions upon the individual's psyche and is a non-universal struggle of continual irritation. Still, by the vantage point of an eternal perspective, both the common cold and adhd are temporal struggles that invariably die out when the body ceases to exist.

Your accomplishments in life then must be focalized upon what God sees as either admirable or disconcerting. As C.S. Lewis once wrote, God does not look upon the "raw material" of an individual's actions, only society does. Society looks upon the action itself to define the normalcy or abnormality of an individual. God seeks to see what you, a son of righteousness, have chosen to do with your actions. In other words, intent of action is the major concern of Christ; content of action the major concern of society. As Lewis places it, a person who is raised in a vicious environment where cruelty and apathy are the normal standards of life, even from a very young age, may in the future perform one decent act that opposes his psychological intuition of justice. For the psychologist Freud, such an individual would be evoking an "abnormal behavior" that flows against his fashioned conditioning. However, in God's eyes, that person may have well shown greater virtue then a person who decides to give up his life for a friend.

You are constantly called by God, not to defeat your struggles, but to learn to rise again after they have caused you to fall. God's healing comes in many forms....sometimes, and primarily, in the effort it takes to rise up from one's daily affliction--to acknowledge God's glory even within tribulation. Perhaps God will heal you of your psychological ailment in the future--for the Christian is called to strive in wholeness of spirit, mind and body. Yet, in learning to overcome that difficulty while it does befall you there is a far greater healing that emanates forth into innumerable blessings both on earth and in Heaven. I believe that while you feel you are not progressing psychologically, the very posing of your question shows that your are striving to win spiritually. Thus, you are already conquering your dilemma, more then you are even aware of.

God Bless you.
  • Thankyou for your reply gmankbadi

God Bless you too!
  • mikeforjesus,

Every night try to add this prayer to yours:
    "Lord help and heal all those who are ill. My Lord Jesus, I believe You have all the power to heal me, you heal so many. But I am troubled of the change: I have adapted myself now, this is because You love me and care for me. You help me every minute!
    If you decide it is better to heal me, bless me and help me get over the changes and go on, please never leave me my Lord.
    Lord, if you decide not to heal me yet, please help me live my life, protect me and bless me so I may succeed in what I do.
    Thank you Lord, I know your decision is the best possible for me. Amen."

God bless you all along.
  • Thanks guys :)

But I dont think I will memorise that prayer.. I might
  • You are welcome mikeforjesus. No need to memorise it: you can copy, paste then print it in a table say 7 x 6 cm, cut it then glue it on a small card or a bookmark, or you can write your own.