Question about prayer

WMAWMA
edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hey all, sorry if this topic offends anyone or anything. Sorry for being such a bother but this is just something that's been on my mind the past few days. When praying, specifically when praying for people, is it wrong to not go through everyone you know and only pray specifically for God to help 10-15 people and then to ask Him to also watch over and help everyone else [Sort of like a generlized prayer]? Sorry if the question seems silly, and thanks in advance.

Peace and Blessings,
WMA

Comments

• just say...oh lord help those who have asked me to interceed in my prayers....

that would probably be ok...

n dont forget...god is a fair god..he wont say u dont deserve to go to heaven becasue u didnt pray for mr folan...

chrisitanity is not about 'do u think.....

• There's no general rule really; it is up to each individual to discern for themselves, in consideration of the urgency of the requestee's situation, your relationship to them, and the time you have available. Once you've named those you feel you must or should name, you can cover the rest by simply saying: "Remember 0 Lord all those who have asked me to remember them in my prayers" - this is exactly what the Priest says inaudibly during the Procession of the Lamb phase of the Divine Liturgy.

P.S. Feel free to ask as many questions as you wish, of whatever nature.