scientology

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Why is it that we must learn scientology in schools?

Comments

• ummm... could you tell me what that is? maybe then i could anser you. if it's science then let me know and ill ahve a couple of things to say sorry!!1

love lots,
    CopticChica21
  • Yes, it is basically science.... theory of evolution, big bang etc.
  • I just finished learning about the Big Bang theory, eghhhhh, I don't like how they believe that the Earth was made out of like rocks, volcanoes and such, I do not like that, and even more, they put some evidence to prove that Earth was made from kaza...kaza, but it may come in handy in the future, that's why you go to school, and you must write good notes, so you can use them in the future, you need to understand that, mathematics is a BIG BIG role in your future, because it has a lot to do with technology, and computers, and lightbulbs etc! Hopefully that made it easier to understand, sorry if you misunderstood what I was trying to say, hopefully that made it clear!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Because that is what most of the earth has, unfortunately, accepted as truth. I despise and hate learning about it, yet I have no choice. I have a question however. What if you are asked about, evolution for example, on a test. Despite the fact that evolution is against our religion, should we still fill in the correct answer (under science)?
  • God wants you to be intelligent, right? As long as you don't get drafted by their teachings which is obviously wrong, you still need to fill in the correct answer, I do, don't worry about it, if you think that you are doing this for your own good, than fill it in!
    Forever,
    Coptic Servent

• Besides that, our education system is not bias therefore it teaches all theories.. without ofcourse bringing in religion which is really what it all comes down to; so it seems like they dont believe it although probably many do.

The education system in my country [Australia] definately seems more biased towards an Atheistic view of the world as a lot of theories taught exclude the possibility of God. This wouldn't be so bad if theories that are inclusive of God were taught, but sadly they aren't. Theories such as evolution and the Big Bang are taught as pretty much fact in ym school, and creationism isn't even mentioned as a plausible theory.
  • Theories such as evolution and the Big Bang are taught as pretty much fact in ym school

These theories aren't exactly unreconcilable with theism. There are such theories as theistic evolution for example, which account for God as creator, the fall of man, and Orthodox anthropology. Orthodoxy doesn't exactly have a dogmatic stance on these issues, whereas most fundamentalist forms of Protestantism tend to by virtue of their literalistic approach to the Scriptures.
  • The Big Bang theory does consent well to Theistic beliefs. In fact, it is a prime and potent argument used against atheistis due to it's theistic ramifications. Schools will often teach the theory credulously without surveilling all of it's entailments.... unfotunatley, through the veiling of its origin, the theory is mistakingly used to uplift a secularist worldview that is girded around a pretentious visage of autonomous science.
  • In ME countries Christian students are forced to learn and study other religion heavily injected in arabic language books, otherwise they risk failure in critical exams. Christians generally consider these as references of classic literature with a clear distinction between understanding-studying, and belief-faith.

It is important to filter the notions and facts you study. If these are against or conflict with God, the Bible, Christ and Orthodoxy, then you should just understand them and study them as an aspect of knowledge. You will have to write them well, knowing they are wrong you don't believe what they teach you, but you have to answer the exam questions the best possible way. This does not mean or prove you accept them, just proves you studied well and then move forward. You may later get the opportumity to correct them, hopefully.

It's the knowledge and study of theories that aren't settled yet and need more research. You don't accept them as true and you won't spread them to others without criticism. When you know them you can debate on good basis (knowledge is power here).

Above, I meant just aspects of knowledge and nothing otherwise.
  • The word Scientology literally means "the study of truth." It comes from the Latin word "scio" meaning "knowing in the fullest sense of the word" and the Greek word "logos" meaning "study of."

Scientology is the study and handling of the spirit in relationship to itself, others and all of life. The Scientology religion comprises a body of knowledge extending from certain fundamental truths. Prime among these:

Man is an immortal, spiritual being. His experience extends well beyond a single lifetime. His capabilities are unlimited, even if not presently realized — and those capabilities can be realized. He is able to not only solve his own problems, accomplish his goals and gain lasting happiness, but also achieve new, higher states of awareness and ability.

In Scientology no one is asked to accept anything as belief or on faith. That which is true for you is what you have observed to be true. An individual discovers for himself that Scientology works by personally applying its principles and observing or experiencing results.

http://www.scientology.org/

scientology is a religion by itself... and it has nothing to do with the big bang... or any of these theories!

evolutionism is what you're looking for... but for us as Christians... we dont believe in evolutionism... but rather we believe in evolution...

check these sermons...

http://coptichymns.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sermons&file=index&q=f&f=/English/_Fr_Athanasius_Iskander/Science_Creation_Bangs_and_Booms
  • evolution is completed by religion... just listen to the sermons...
  • I dont know anything ya binty... lol
  • Scientology has nothing to do with actual science. It's the, to put it in simple terms, "Tom Cruise" religion/cult. They believe in a wide variety of...."unique" theories, such as the belief that humans have a "thetan" that is traumatized by troubles in life, and the only way we can help our thetan is to attend scientology therapy sessions called "auditing sessions". According to scientology, any mental disease can be cured by these sessions, and only these sessions. Therapy with a pyschologist, any form of medication, pyschiatry etc...are all useless scams (yes, they believe the entire medical world regarding the mind is a scam... )

Yes, I know it sounds absolutely ridiculous, and I didn't even start with the story of how the thetans got to earth (it involves aliens and intergalactic battles... ;D).

As for evolution, I know that there is nothing wrong with micro evolution (evolution within a species, such as neanderthal to man, or mammoth to elephant, as that is why we have different skin tones like white, light brown, darker brown etc...). It is macro evolution that the church does not believe in (ie, monkey to man).

To be perfectly honest, I fell asleep in the 9th grade science lessons regarding the Big Bang, so I'm not entirely sure what it's all about...but I remember not being offended by it, or it saying something that sounded contradictory to the Bible, but I also remember doing rather poorly on that test, so I may have misunderstood it :D :P.