Can not pay attention at university and other..

edited November 2008 in Personal Issues
Said alot of things here..

Comments

• University? Well. Let me tell you a little something about the stage you are currently in. There is nothing wrong with you. Sexual attraction and wandering thoughts are sins that anyone has encountered before. I suggest you fast and pray. This is all you can do. But trust me, the sexual attraction and thoughts will decrease over time. Every time you think of a sinful thought, just use the Arrow Prayer: "God forgive me, please (insert request), for I am only a sinner." Repeat it until the sinful thought goes away. Your only reassurance and satisfaction from this ordeal is that it will only get better, not worsen. Don't know how long it will be till your hormones eventually stabilize and your sexual thoughts decrease, but over time, it will pass. If you are still frustrated, just think, there is a time and a place for everything! You will eventually get married and do the things that you think about, not out of lust, but out of love and wholeness of your spouse.
  • i did a paper on male sexuality. it is very common and if u were not distracted isthe time to worry, lol. no but on a serious note, the thing is especially if ur usually not around the female gender ur more curious and ur brain is wanting it because the first time it seen it it liked it.

If its hard to comprehend think of it like this,

U had pizza for the first time, and ur brain loved it, then it came to the point that u had to have it, now its like whatever and doesnt phase u as much.

This is the way my professor described. u can think its stupid but i now understand. :)
  • girls... girls... girls... hmmm hmmm hmmm... lol... ummm... dude girls are the best partners... they always do the work fo you... lol... just talk to them... no youre just a friend... nothing more... girls do look hot.... sometimes I can barely do anything... lol... but its okay... youll get over it...
  • ya... add... lol... no... its a minor chance if you do... but another thing is partner up with guys... that helps too...
  • socoolbishoy, get over urself...lol. nene u tell him grl!!! :)
  • oh really is that it now... hmmm... do I have to talk about ADHD... hmmm no I'll save my time punks... LOL
  • relax bro, lol i was kidding
  • oh have no fear... I was too... lol
  • [quote author=nene0587 link=board=10;threadid=3508;start=0#msg50793 date=1143131975]
    Bishoy u give like the oddest answers to everything lol...and thanks btw

Anyways, heres what i would do if i were you. First off, try to think of things to occupy your mind.. reading ahead on the subject matter before getting to class usually helps you focus more because thats what people tend to do when they already know whats going on. The topic doesnt seem so much more vague and now its easier to be less distracted. Secondly, If you think you have add.. which is VERY common these days ..then you should get that checked out, because it is sooo annoying to people i know who have it, they cant focus on anything or concentrate on subject matters. Certain things may catch their attention of a second and the next they r looking out the window at the birds. So yea, its not like its a disease or something.. just ask your doctor.. check the symptoms and stuff.. you may have a very mild case of it. In that case, some excersises and or medication will do the trick.

Takecare and God Bless! :)

wow very good posts nene...the reading over one was a good idea...

• I GO through the same exact thing. and i think every one goes through it, at least, in my class. everyone tends to always zone outt all the timeee.lol

God Bless
  • Maybe this advice will not help.. maybe it will

try repeating what the lecturer said in your head everytime they speak (and then try to think about it and understand it).. and the times you know you are day dreaming mark an X on a paper.. and try to get the least X's possible..
    and continually pray to God for help and ask the intercession of saints and angels..