do our church agree to baptise.......

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
ok , i had a lil chat with a friend of mine at college and he said that he is catholic and that some relative gave birth to a baby before getting married, so the baby was considred son of devil and was not baptised in a catholic church. so i was like wondering .... do our church do that ??? i mean the baby has no fault ....and what if for example the baby grew and he/she wants to join coptic church form their heart and all that , but does our church agree to baptise them or not ????

Comments

• yes the kids are accepted to the church... why not?
  • had a lil chat with a friend of mine at college and he said that he is catholic and that some relative gave birth to a baby before getting married, so the baby was considred son of devil and was not baptised in a catholic church.

I doubt that the RC church would actually use such strong and insulting expression in reference to a child born outside marriage.

In any case, I found an article in the catholic database about baptism: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/02258b.htm

I scanned through the article quickly, and it does not address this case specifically, but the teachings of the RC church regarding the baptism of foundlings or the child of unbelievers might be relevant. Children of unbelievers are not to be baptized against the the wish of their parents, and the RC church might want to make sure that the child born outside marriage is indeed only dependent on his single (RC) mother and that his father (whether RC or not) has no say regarding his faith/ baptism.

It is possible that the above story is indeed true, but I highly doubt it is an official RC doctrine. RC have very wrong dogmas, but the above situation does not make much sense.
  • Our Lord commands not to hinder any child from Him:

Mark 10:14
    When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

Matthew 19:14
    Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Luke 18:16
    But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these."

Would the Good Sheperd leave out the youngest, weakest and purest of His flock? Should we close orphanages?

There can be no exception to His triple command.