how ?

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
ok , i have this guy in college with me , he asks this questions about our church , he is oe of the " believers " as they call em here , lol. ok so he is asking about how we see god , now i know everything about it , but i need help with it being in enlglish , so i need some englsih explainment , like how do i say that god is three " akaneem " , hel plz

Comments

• Ok..well..you can say just like our body is made of the mind, body, and soul...we cannot live without the three, for this reason it is the same as saying the Father, Son, and Holy Spirt...they all work together, none of them can be separated.
  • Or you can mention the sun analogy. For example, the sun has light, heat, and rays...they too cannot be separated....that's another one! ::) Hope that helps!
  • Tell him about the first sin that sparked the coming of our Lord. Ask him if we could survive. When he says no, then tell him God is like OUR air. We cannot survive without him. Tell him that through God, we can do all things and all things are possible. Take a bible with you, point out some of your favotrite verses and tell him or her about what they mean.

love lots,
    CopticChica21

• oops i guess i read the question wrong ;D I agree with "CopticChica21" God is like the air that we breath. We cannot see the air around us unless another object is being impacted by it. For example, when the wind blows the trees, although we cannot see air...this is one way of knowing it is there. The same way with God, we cannot see Him, but we know He's there when we look at others (friends, saints, or preists etc.)
    Hope this helps! :P
  • ok , guys thank alot , i know all that thought , but i found what i needed , i just needed the term " the holy trinity " and as you can see , i got it , lol , thanks for the help guys , and i mean that i am not being sarcastic