important help if you can

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hello everyone i have a problem
My teacher is the type of teacher that loves talking in class like discussion and all that,however.. we are talking about gay marriage..and i know that there is a kid who is gay inside the class......i do not want to say anything harsh but in the whole class i am the only one that goes against gay marriage and everyone else agrees with it( Do not worry it happened before where i was the only one that stood against it).....anyway Pope Shounda said when you see something is wrong...just say it is wrong and do not add to the person's pain...so i think that everytime i talk against it... he is like quiet ....so sometimes i stay quiet but sometimes i have to talk because it is my beliefs

Thank you in advance and pray for us

Comments

• Just follow Pope Shenouda's words, they come in handy, don't give up in what you believe, like this for instance, so if someone had a discussion with you about coptic christianity, and you are with it and the rest of the people disagree with you, just an example, will you give up that fast of course not, debate on what you believe is right! Pray, don't be afraid, talk to your FOC about it!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • i am not afriad but Pope Shounda also said not to add to someone's pain....and there is a gay dude in my class and i do not want to add to his pain because he stays quiet everytime i talk against gay marriage.
    So Pope Shounda said to have mercey and speak your faith
  • I agree with CopticServent. Just keep praying for God to help you find a solution. I think that you should say before oyu talk that you mean to offend no one. Also, talk to him and tell him that you are not aiming for your answers to hurt him. And also, how do you know he is a homosexual? I know that God can help you overcome this. Just keep praying.

love lots,
    CopticChica21
  • o i knew he was gay but he doesnot know that i know..and i do not want to tell him ....which makes him feel like it is something to be ashamed of it or something but anyway God will send me an answer and thanks everyone for their effort to help me

Thank you to God and you guys
  • [quote author=A lost sOul link=board=1;threadid=3421;start=0#msg49989 date=1142395896]
    i do not want to tell him ....which makes him feel like it is something to be ashamed of it or something

As it rightfully is something to be ashamed of..I'm not saying go up to him and rub it in his face and judge him..just don't be extremely soft to the extent where you're like 'yea, homosexuality..okay, whatever.' I was in the same situation last year and the gay kid was actually a very good friend of mine but I spoke how I felt openly..I didn't degrade HIM..I degraded the act..St. Paul does say that you may hate the sin, not the sinner.
  • i think i should just tell them gay marriage is wrong and the kid that is gay till i have nothing against him and i just think it is wrong and tell him he should stand up for himself and try not to make him feel bad or hurt his feelings but the gay kid might just change and become normal if still have trouble ask your father in confession or if your bishop is in your church see if you can ask him about the problem