some big thing

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
i am an egyptian teen who recently moved to america in california , i was boored and kinda depresed , and i used to stay for hours on the internet and meet new ppl , i met this girl from wisconsen , first we were just friends , but the more i knew her , the more i start to have feelings for her as we have tons in comon and she is very religous and i mean very , also she is good looking , anyways by time , i think i fel in love with her and so did she , we have been together for a long time now , our relationship is pure of any lust or body- reladted issue , which makes us very close , anyways , she is kinda of a fmaily girl , and we decided that we should get married when we are financially able to , the only problem is that she is lutheran , but she is ready for converting . Is that even right to do in the first place ? have i gone too far ? and if not , i want to make her want to convert not just feeling that she is obliged to , any help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Comments

• i think you have gone too far becuase at this age, well i dont know how old u are, i don't think you should be talking about this... not to be mean. talk to ur father of confession about htis situation becuase he knowing u best will give u the best advice
  • thas why i am trying to ask everybody on how do i make her want it and not feel obliged to it , so i need some guidance of how
  • how could you have a STRONG relationship online?
    and love someone that much ONLINE? :o
    how could you know if this person isn't lying to you?
    i am not trying to sound mean..but internet is not made for loving each other online..there is nothing wrong with having friends online even best friends online but i think you have gone WAY too far!

GBU
    sandra
  • well , let me rephrase my self then , we met online , we both have cams , we both have phones , so yes we did have other means of contact , beside, if its about truth , what makes you belive any thing you hear from a person standing infront of you ????
  • i think ur in a tough situation but how old r u that ur thinking of marrage and still a teen. n e way i think u should pray and pray and God will be with u.
    good luck :D
  • i firstly recommend that u meet her...and even though u know each other very well...take the traditional way of meeting the parents, going places together, and getting engaged...

ok...about the lutherin thing....i cannot say that u can test her or anything becasue u have no right to do that...but make it CLEAR to her...make sure she has a genuine INTREST and passion in becoming orthodox...and that it will not be a name she carried on her back (man im such a hypocrite)....

and lastly, TALK in person...tell what each other thinks and what is best for everyone..even if it may be starting all over again or just becoming friends...

BUT WAIT.>>>>>>>TALK TO UR CONFESSION FATHER....

it is God that talks through HIM...and not ANY1 ELse...So make sure u have a 4 hr conversation wif him..becasue what u r doing is very risk and it is a life changing matter DO NOT FORGET>...

n btw...do not be fooled by INternet LOVE and LOVE (there is a HUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEE difference..)))

GOOOD LUCK
    GBU

marina ;D
  • well, i dont see why you say there is a huge diffrence , i know for sure that face to face chemisrtry is way diffrent , but as i said , i called , we talked on the phone a million times , but the new thing is , i have been raying hard lately concerning that issue , and i asked god for help and all , now my heart is telling me to overcome this love as it is too much of a risk and wait for what god hAS IN HEART , the problem is that we are like soooo perfect for each other and she kinda changed me , she made me read more bible , do more prayer , and pray more deeply , i dunno , if someone changed you to the good , that means that they are good , now i am very confused of hat to do , my problem is that i dont have a father of confessions yet :-[ , i just came here very recent and not yet have strong bonds with my FOC, he dont know me , and for sure he will not take it seirously , and i am kinda young , so its worse , but i didnt do anything wrong with her , our relationship is no where near sining , and tahs why it is so special... plz ppl i need help ......or atleast some guidance befor ei go to my FOC , i know it is esssential to head their first , but i think i need some more opinions to push me.
  • im very happy that u understand that it is a big risk...

and even though some1 is like a match made in heaven, it is best to leave it until u r at a mature age...where u r able to get married...

ok lets put ur example in my context...

ok...i would love to be a lawyer...i have the speaking skills, the confidence the passion, the drive and the skill...therefore it si perfect for me...it is the job that is perfect for me...however...

now there is a easy route for me...that is by dropping out and starting my courses at TAFE...Now that is a HUGE RISK....but it is what i want...

or i can WAIT...Finish high skool (in this case, be at a good age for marriage) and then take on my life from there...

this way i can be sure of what i want, i didnt take on a big risk and gauranteed myself of a biger percentage that my perfect career will work out with this degree..

at this age..GOD only knows what i will become..i might not even ant to be a lawyer by the time i graduate...

so...the best OPTION for me is to WAIT until i am at this age for me to consiously decide...

ok ...

I RECOMMEND (with all my heart) u go to ur closes church or the church that u go to...start coversation with a priest and ask for his guidance...first by telling him everything about u...and he will take it from there...

ok..hope i helped...tell me if u want me to be a little bit more clear with my example

tc..marina
  • well , i guess i get somthing out of what you were saying , and i ended the realtionship this morning , i still love her , but love isnt everything when it comes to marriage , and i dont even think there is somebody more perfect for me outthere , so ya , i think i will live all my life thinking about what would have happened if i got married to her and followed my heart :'(
  • Oh My God, I am really sorry for you newbie. I guess it just "wasn't meant to be". Maybe God has better plans. Sorry!!

love lots,
    CopticChica21

God bless You.
  • First off I would like to say that you must be sure that you are old enough/mature enough to understand what real love is, I myself am a teenager and I have experienced the same just not online. Thankfully I did not fall into any physical lust type of thing and I hope I don't untill it is the time that God Himself wills; when I am married. There is no set age for two people to love each other, depending on what you mean by love. But when it comes to speaking of something as serious as marriage, please do not attempt to have a conversation about something that sacred and holy through the internet with someone you think you know well but with all due respect, probably don't know that well. Its not possible to get to know someone well unless you can see them in front of your eyes. Married couples themselves will tell you that they did not get to know their mates untill they lived under one roof. Good luck with your hardships my friend.
  • how old are you?
  • actualy i have to disagree with the fact that love without seeing is not good , i mean , we love god and he is not seen , i know thats no where near a comparison but i just want it clear , and the fact that everybody just hates the internet , i dunno why , and i said before it wasnt strictly internet , we called , we had cams , we mailed , evrything , i still have feelings for her , but i eneded it just thinking it is better this way , i am already thinking of getting back, i miss her :'(