need an answer fast

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
hey everyone.....i need help in my report but i am using the verse where it says that no man can fix something by doing a wrong thing.......as you cannot say a lie to fix for another lie...

plz pray and reply as fast as possible

Comments

• I don't know whick verse it is exactly, but i know that in the beginning of the Gospel of Matthew, there is a verse that says: ...an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, but I say to you that whoever...I'll Try to find it for you today and let you know by tomorrow.

Pray that Abu Nofer helps you find what you're looking for. Good Luck!
  • Thanks very much and i also have another question...who is Abu Nofer..is he a saint....because i think i heard about him before
  • Yes he is a saint, he is a hermit too (sae7, not really sure if that's the english word of it)
    I couldn't find you a picture of him, but he is that saint with the long beard, reaching all the way down to his foot.
  • i think we have a picture of him in our church....and He has in the picturre like his hands liek St. Mina
  • [quote author=Marianne87 link=board=2;threadid=3393;start=0#msg49589 date=1141948847]
    I couldn't find you a picture of him, but he is that saint with the long beard, reaching all the way down to his foot.
    I found a picture of St. Nopher.
  • [quote author=Marmoura99 link=board=2;threadid=3393;start=0#msg49573 date=1141940426]
    I don't know whick verse it is exactly, but i know that in the beginning of the Gospel of Matthew, there is a verse that says: ...an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, but I say to you that whoever...I'll Try to find it for you today and let you know by tomorrow.

Pray that Abu Nofer helps you find what you're looking for. Good Luck!

yea thanks for the picture and he was the saint that i was thinking about.... but i will try to learn more about him but hey i couldnot find the verse that i was looking for
  • And if anyone wants his story can visit the site below ;)
    http://www.coptichymns.net/PagEd-index-topic_id-10-page_id-1308.html
    GB.
  • Lost soul,
    I found the verse that you were looking for. It's in the Gospel of St. Matthew:

38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also. 41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. 42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? 47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? 48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

I hope that is really what you were looking for. Let me know and if not, I can try to look for something else.

Pray for me always!
  • Thanks alot marmoura99 that did help me alot...

Pray for us all marmoura99
  • yes it is great to know hat the story and life of Amba Nofer is Spreading...

what did u guys think off the story...

i sorta didnt get it..even though i was told the story before
  • I read the story a couple of months ago and then again last week, but I still can't follow. All I know about Abu Nofer is that his intercessions are strong to help people find lost things and that he was one of the sou'ah.

Once I was wearing gold hoop earrings, when I went shopping. I went into the fitting room to try on my clothes, but I didn't notice that one of my earrings had fallen. After that, I went to some other stores and I didn't notice until Mama told me. I was so worried... those were my favorite pair! Anyways, I went back to the fitting rooms with Mama and she asked for the intercessions of Abu Nofer so we could find the earring... and we did! I saw it almost immediately by the hanger! You couldn't imagine how happy I was that day, and Mama too! First because Abu Nofer interceded for us right away, and second because I found the earring. Who would have thought? I thought that was it and that I would never find it. From then on, I used the intercessions of Abu Nofer to help me find things... even forgotten answers to a test at school.

May his blessings be with us all!
    Pray for me always!