How can I learn to like the Agpeya...

edited September 2006 in Coptic Orthodox Church
see subject title

Comments

• WoW ! i had a really similar q , about why we have to read from it. I luv praying from da heart but not really from the agpeya, i dont know whtat im reading, i just plainly read words without feeling it and I dont look foreward to it ! :( I want to cahange and learn how to like it but i dont know how either ?
  • [quote author=copticcross3 link=board=4;threadid=3389;start=0#msg49545 date=1141880999]
    WoW ! i had a really similar q , about why we have to read from it. I luv praying from da heart but not really from the agpeya, i dont know whtat im reading, i just plainly read words without feeling it and I dont look foreward to it ! :( I want to cahange and learn how to like it but i dont know how either ?

that's the main problem, ppl just read and don't understand the words. that's why take time to read, feel, and understand the words of the agpeya.
  • ok here is a few tips that i think will help you guys to like the Agpyea....
    1) when reading a Psalm..do NOT read but SING it...psalms are written by David the prophet to be sung and not just read..somertimes a small psalm can be sing for like 15 mins..
    2) Read a different psalm everytime and God knows which Psalm you will need to read...that helps you not to have repeation and repeating words
    3) Feel the Gospel
    4) We are not higher then those who wrote the Agpyea ...therefore there prayers are better then ours
    I also think that Agpyea takes devils out but i am not really sure about that one....maybe thats why the devil is always temptating you not to read it.
    5) When saying Lord Have Mercey 41 times... donot count....donot repeat...but rather...everytime someone say Lord Have Mercey ....You remember one sin that you have done( Do not day dream )
    6) Just like been a monk is a source to Heaven...and helping the poor is another source to Heaven..ETC. reading the Agpyea seven times a day for each hour of the day is another source to Heaven

Pray that God may help us all and bring back the Lost Souls that they may read Agpyea with us as well
  • MarMar, prayer may be boring for you, but think about God. Think about how we died for us and maybe he thought that i was hard. We have to learn to like asking God for things through set-up prayers. The agpeya is kind of like that. It all depends on how much you are willing, becuase God will count how devoted you are. MarMar, it's hard, but find one thing that throughout your prayer you will ask God for, and then it will work because you will NOT be bored if you want God to help you. It's just like a long set up prayer. It's not that bad after a little of that.

God Bless
    hope that i helped.