Agbeya + Holy Lent

hey,
I have a question, if someone can answer it..that would be great!
During the Holy Lent or the Holy Great Fast, do we read the Agbeya?? Why or Why not?
Thx n' GB.

Comments

• Yes we do read. In fact before masses on weekdays we read up to the compline prayer instead of just up to the sixth hour prayer. We read the Agpeya all year except Holy Week or Pascha. During Pascha we read the readings and prayers of the hours of each day of Pascha instead and the Psalms are replaced by Thok Te Ti Gom (one time for each of the 12 psalm of each hour). This is to focus on the Passion of Christ.
  • Thx. KBibo8
    I think we also don't read the Agbeya during Holy week, to focus on our own personal prayers...correct me if im wrong.
    But i don't think it's "set in stone" you can read the Agbeya too any time of the day rite?
    Thx again.
  • Icontrol2002,

you can read the Agbeya too any time of the day rite?

Actually, you can read it SEVEN TIMES A DAY!!!!!!

“ Seven times a day I praise thee for thy righteous ordinances. “ Psalms :119-164
  • We rad the Agpeya more than usual, I think so that we can learn the true values of God and fast completely right. We are adding to out spititual life, just like fasting lets us do .
  • [quote author=CopticChica21 link=board=4;threadid=3375;start=0#msg49526 date=1141873594]
    We rad the Agpeya more than usual, I think so that we can learn the true values of God and fast completely right. We are adding to out spititual life, just like fasting lets us do .

That is very well said and also correct, just please let me add to that, we read the Agpeya on Sunday, you could read it in your own spare time when you have prayer, there are no guidelines you need to follow because we just added to our spiritual path a new thing that is going to last us till april and that is fasting for 55 days!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent