picture

Comments

• crucifixion
  • Jesus in thorns
  • this is a picture i got from st-takla.com it's the second coming
  • here u go!

St Takla descended from an ancient Hebrew family that lived in Ethiopia at a time when most Ethiopians worshipped pagan gods and evil spirits. St Takla’s parents loved God and were very kind to the ill and needy. They always asked the Archangel Michael to pray for them, and they celebrated his feast on the 12th of every month by feeding the poor. One day they saw a vision in which Archangel Michael told them that they will have a child who will be blessed and who will be like John the Baptist. St Takla was born on the 24th of Kiahk. He was welcomed into the family by his father Tsega Ze_Ab and his Mother Sarah (Egezi-Hareya was her Ethiopian name). He received the name Feseba Zion which means the Joy of Zion.
    The Holy Spirit descended upon Feseha Zion three days after his birth and he opened his mouth and said " One is the Holy Father. One is the Holy Son. One is the Holy Spirit. "
    As a child Feseha Zion performed many miracles like increasing flour and oil during a time of famine so his parents were able to make their monthly aghabi for the needy in honor of St. Michael. Feseha Zion grew to love and adore God. He was later ordained a deacon at the age of fifteen by Bishop Kyrellos II.
    When he returned home his parents chose a young lady for him to marry but he refused .
    Once he was hunting with his friends and Archangel Michael appeared to him . St Michael told him to spend the rest of his life saving people's souls and changed his name to Takla Haymanot which means "Paradise of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit."
    When he returned home he gave his money to the church and the poor and went to the monastery. He later became a priest. Takla preached to people about God and a lot of people were converted to Christianity.
    For a while St Takla was living in a monastery on a mountain and to get down they used ropes . One day Takla was on the rope, and all of a sudden it broke .Takla prayed to God and God sent Archangel Michael and gave him six wings so he was able to go down the mountain.
    St Takla then went to a place called Katata where the people worshipped a tree. St Takla saw an evil Spirit in the tree and made it disappear in the Name of Jesus Christ.
    When St Takla was ninety nine (99) years old he became very sick. He gathered all the monks and told them to live a Spiritual life. St Takla departed on the 24th of Misra which is August 30th, 1711 A.D. Many miracles have occured through the prayers and intersessions of this great saint till this day.
    May his prayers be with us all, and glory be to God forever. Amen.

I got this from http://www.ains.net.au/~johnh/Saints.html

GBU!

laura
  • ur welcome.yeah i really like this story.. :)

GBU and have a great day..

laura
  • the pic of pope shenouda is really nice!!!
  • i agree!! :D
  • adam and eve
    from st-takla.com
  • i like it,it is cool!!keep it up guys!!
  • the devil, God is so powerful hahahahahahahaha the devil doesn't even come close to the bible hahahahahahaha
  • a baby angel
  • hands lifted up
  • the baby angle was so cute!! :D
  • thank you
  • cross and sins
  • bible camp
  • Pope Kyrillos and named azer when he was little
  • gr8 pics every1 keep em cumin

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!!
  • Christ at gethsemane
  • HOW DOES EVERY ONE GET THESE PICS. someone tell, i would like to have small collection of pics.
  • man....that pic is awsome!! :o :o :o