Very important for all to know

edited March 2006 in Random Issues
If anyone has a myspace or a xanga or any personal webpages I highley suggest that you delete it. If you are not in college when you go to enter college they archiive your webpage. Even if it is very religous some colleges wont like it. Many people have lost scholerships because of their webpage... I very highley reccomend you delete it. I am just providing you with some advice. May God be with you in all your decisions. Also there have been other problems because of them... rape harassment etc..

Comments

• wat if u dont tell them anything about u havin a myspace !! or ??
  • The point he is making if it is true is that they look up your page. They don't ask you if you have on, they just look it up.
  • I agree with Andrew Saad. I saw something similar on CNN a couple of days ago. It was about students losing their jobs because of their Myspace web page. Bosses would look up their employees on Myspace and find out things that they wouldn't tell their boss in person. Myspace is also VERY dangerous. There was also a clip on CNN immediately after the first one about people being raped and kidnapped because of Myspace. Think about it, sexual predators, molesters, kidnappers, rapists, murderers, can all have access to where you live, go to school and what you look like. All they have to do is type in a city, school, or even a last name to find out your precious information. Why put yourself through all of this unnecessary danger? Is it worth talking to your friends? My friends you have to be careful with the body and the mind God gave you. You must remember that God gave you a mind to think and use wisely. Making a Myspace page and putting out precious information is like waiting for someone to, God forbid, rape you, molest you, or even kill you. There are a lot of sick-minded people out there. You never know when someone can come knocking, or even breaking into your house for you. It's not worth it, plain and simple. If you want to communicate with your friends, do it the old-fashioned way or use a telephone. I hope you all make the right decision and don't make a Myspace page, or delete it if you already have one.

Please forgive me and pray for me,

Godhelpme3691
  • i def. agree with that. that is sooooo true. i don't even know why people go on there ???
  • SO many of my friends have myspace but some dont even plan on going to college they plan to sit around and do nothing i guess some of them think their wealthy parents will support them forever. I dont have a myspaceit is very dangerous and i wouldnt do it against my parents will. U also have to be a certain age that all of my friends are nt. DOes anyone have a myspace? I went on it once to see what all the commotion waz about it is disguisting! I agree with everyone. Thanks for telling me that io have never even heard of thatlosing a scholorship thing. What about having a profile /account htingy on Tasbeha.org ?
  • what is "Tasbeha.org"? can you tell me. :) :)
    and what's the differnce between "Tasbeha.org or anyother coptic site" and "Myscpace.com". ?
  • can u just tell me what myspace is..because i have a space...n its NORMAL...like aprofile with photos...comments etc...i dont thing that we are talking about the same thing here...

becasue what i am talken bout is perfectly harmful!!
  • im glad that everyone has read this and good luck in everything and may God protect, be with, and guide you.