Death

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
I know some people say yes and some people say no, but it concerns everyone, and I see lots of people crying because some friend/relative, etc... passed away, but I sure think I wouldn't be that disappointed, I would be at first, but than when I pass away I know that I don't have to worry about anything except REPENT!

Forever,
Coptic Servent

Comments

• It depends on the person that dies. Abouna was telling us a story on friday during the youth meeting about a young man whom he had prayed over (the man was dead) when he had just come from Egypt. He asked what the reason for the man's death was, but he recieved no answer. Two weeks later, he saw the man's sister and she gave him the police report. The man had died of an overdose of cocain and alcohol. The physical description of his body was this: there were tatooes of scorpions and snakes and even "unknown" animals all over his body and had his belly button pierced. In every other funeral, abouna had told the family not to weep, to be happy because the person was in a better place. But in this case, he did say weep.
  • hey all,

i have this story i got it in the mail like a couple a days ago..i think it has the answer for ur question coptic servant!

GBU
    sandra

**One of the innumerable miracles that occurred during the apparitions of our Lady in Saint Demiana church, Papadouplo, Shoubra is the following miracle which was published in Watani weekly newspaper on Sunday, June 1st, 1986 (P. 5, 3rd column):

The mother of Theresa Soliman Youssef (6 years old) reports the miracle that the Blessed Holy Virgin Mary did to her daughter: Theresa had lost vision in her right eye after a tricot needle pierced this eye and injured the cornea and eye lens, causing traumatic cataract. The girl was unable to see using this eye; this occurred on November 17, 1984.

On December 5, 1984, the child was operated upon to remove the destroyed lens in order to use an external replacement contact lens thereafter, but the right eye condition deteriorated due to a secondary purulent infection. Theresa's mother continues saying:

On Sunday, May 18, 1986, I took my daughter and we went to Saint Demiana church in El-Teraa El-Boolakia, Shoubra. After receiving the Holy Communion, we ascended to the church's balcony and stood there with the crowd. And suddenly, a strong light shone from the right side of the veil of the altar. My daughter raised her hand towards the source of light, then wiped her sick eye with her palm and suddenly shouted exultantly:

I can see mother... I can see mother!

She could put her hand over her left (good) eye and still see with her right eye which was once blind.

Dr. Fayez Akhnoukh, who also serves at Saint Demiana church, examined the child, tested the visual acuity of both of her eyes, and found that the girl could now see using her right eye which was healed miraculously. Father Raphael El-Anba Bishoy who was at this time helping Father Heg. Abdel Messih El-Sherbeeni, the church priest, has recorded and documented this miracle.
  • [quote author=sandrahanna link=board=11;threadid=3332;start=0#msg48963 date=1141001726]
    hey all,

i have this story i got it in the mail like a couple a days ago..i think it has the answer for ur question coptic servant!

GBU
    sandra

**One of the innumerable miracles that occurred during the apparitions of our Lady in Saint Demiana church, Papadouplo, Shoubra is the following miracle which was published in Watani weekly newspaper on Sunday, June 1st, 1986 (P. 5, 3rd column):

The mother of Theresa Soliman Youssef (6 years old) reports the miracle that the Blessed Holy Virgin Mary did to her daughter: Theresa had lost vision in her right eye after a tricot needle pierced this eye and injured the cornea and eye lens, causing traumatic cataract. The girl was unable to see using this eye; this occurred on November 17, 1984.

On December 5, 1984, the child was operated upon to remove the destroyed lens in order to use an external replacement contact lens thereafter, but the right eye condition deteriorated due to a secondary purulent infection. Theresa's mother continues saying:

On Sunday, May 18, 1986, I took my daughter and we went to Saint Demiana church in El-Teraa El-Boolakia, Shoubra. After receiving the Holy Communion, we ascended to the church's balcony and stood there with the crowd. And suddenly, a strong light shone from the right side of the veil of the altar. My daughter raised her hand towards the source of light, then wiped her sick eye with her palm and suddenly shouted exultantly:

I can see mother... I can see mother!

She could put her hand over her left (good) eye and still see with her right eye which was once blind.

Dr. Fayez Akhnoukh, who also serves at Saint Demiana church, examined the child, tested the visual acuity of both of her eyes, and found that the girl could now see using her right eye which was healed miraculously. Father Raphael El-Anba Bishoy who was at this time helping Father Heg. Abdel Messih El-Sherbeeni, the church priest, has recorded and documented this miracle.

sandrahanna, I sent you that story, it is remarkable, I loved it so much that I thought I would send it!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • This is amazing. No matter how much I hear about miracles...it's always something fascinating and just gives us hope and joy...we are truly blessed...country and our heritage as well...
    Eventhough it got nothing to do with death..i like it...lol :)
  • I got it from http://www.zeitun-eg.org I'm pretty sure that's the website, it's amazing, glad you enjoyed it Marianne87!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Def. It always worries me, Not death itself bbut not getting into hevean ,after all u only have 1 chance to get in !! It really worries me cuz up to now i have never confessed and i know i am a sineer and a really horrible person.
  • Always live as tom will be judgment day...so worry about death because i(we) am not ready and never think that you are up to this level where death do not bother you because you are doing better then other people and know that you will go to heaven......That is Pride...the number one sin.

Confess every chance you get and always take communion and always think of ways to enter Heaven (as helping others) but never ever think that you are ready to enter Heaven because of what you have done...even when someone say that you are going to heaven...If you get that thought or any thought that pleases you...............remebr your sins....or remember those who are better then you .( the saints , ur FOC,etc.)

The First will be Last and the Last will be First