what should i do?

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
hi you guys!

i have a hard time remembering my sins... when i want to confess i just confess a little i remembre but also some sins that i'd alredy confessed before....because of this i am not feeling very good about my spiritual life..so what should i do to remeber and confess all of my sin?..

love you all!

Comments

• I recommend for you to make a sins notebook, wherever you are, you'll always remember what sin you have committed, than when you have the time to confess, you'll have all the sins you have committed, and don't forget to rip that piece of paper, so you'll forget and repent!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • here use this...it has really helped me...i had the same problem...n im glad to share it wif u
  • [quote author=loveall.Ote link=board=4;threadid=3316;start=0#msg48741 date=1140730322]
    hi you guys!

i have a hard time remembering my sins... when i want to confess i just confess a little i remembre but also some sins that i'd alredy confessed before....because of this i am not feeling very good about my spiritual life..so what should i do to remeber and confess all of my sin?..

love you all!

Confessing the sins you already committed is not necessary (unless you've done them again) and undermines the sacrament of confession. Writing down the sins you have committed daily is a very good way of doing things, but not always convenient.

The best thing, imho, is to work your way through the 10 commandments or a list of sins the day before you confess and think of which ones you have committed.

Its often hard to remember things you have done off the top of your head, but when you are confronted with a particular sin you'll usually remember whether or not you confessed it already.

This site (Russian Orthodox, not Coptic) has "what to confess" at the bottom. Print that list out and work through it before every confession you make; it will help a lot.

http://www.fatheralexander.org/booklets/english/guidance_repentant.htm
  • Orthodox11,

Confessing the sins you already committed is not necessary (unless you've done them again) and undermines the sacrament of confession

I may have misunderstood what you say, please forgive me, but I believe it is not the case. A sin lead to an animosity between God and man/women which consequently would deny the soul of her peace and ultimately close the door of heaven in this earthly life and the life to come. In order for the soul to regain her place again to the bosom of the her Heavenly Father, the person needs to repent and have absolution from this sin, whether old or being newly committed.

• why-
    you have said about
    confession_drawn_timetable
    what to fill inside of these boxes
    how you do it.
  • hey that confession timeline thing would be really helpful to anyone. i bet that would help you loveall.Ote. i know it would even help me. lol. thanx ;D
  • why, What are confession points?
  • why-
    I don't get it either
    would you plz explain to us
  • i really don't feel confortable writting my sins down in a piece of paper and then loose it or someone read it..i think u can just write them the day before u confess and thro it away rit after u finish!

i hope that made sense!

GBU
    sandra
  • lol yes i do the same thing and i put it in my purse to make sure nobody can possibly see it.
  • but isn't that the problem. how bout if you can't remember "a day before". ??? :)
  • well guys...this is ow u do it...

first i have a coloumn for confession no.1....where everything going to be said on that certain confession is written....(confession points as in things to be confessed)......

n there are also boxes for you to keep date or how regular u r to confession....

if u r scared that some1 may read...i usually right in 'secret language' eg...lying ...i would draw an eye n then add ing...

ok..sorry bout da delay...

ask me anyfing it u need help...
  • [quote author=Safaa link=board=10;threadid=3316;start=0#msg48934 date=1140979662]
    Orthodox11,

Confessing the sins you already committed is not necessary (unless you've done them again) and undermines the sacrament of confession

I may have misunderstood what you say, please forgive me, but I believe it is not the case. A sin lead to an animosity between God and man/women which consequently would deny the soul of her peace and ultimately close the door of heaven in this earthly life and the life to come. In order for the soul to regain her place again to the bosom of the her Heavenly Father, the person needs to repent and have absolution from this sin, whether old or being newly committed.

I meant that it is not necessary to confess the same sin twice. If I go and steal a car, then confess to my priest and recieve absolution, I don't need to include it in my next confession (unless I stole the car again) - that would undermine the first confession and render the absolution meaningless.

I did not mean that you don't need to confess something just because it happened long ago.
  • everytime you make a sin put a tally mark in the picture of a cross
    then write it down
    and then ask God to forgive you right then and there
    take this notebook everywhere
    then tell you FOC about it
  • If you are really sorry about your sins ......then Jesus will forgive you......for the Priest prays on your head the forgiveness for the sins that you mention and not mention and sins that you rememeber and not remembered. Just pray and it will be fine
  • everytime you make a sin put a tally mark in the picture of a cross
    then write it down
    and then ask God to forgive you right then and there
    take this notebook everywhere
    then tell you FOC about it

this is a great ...well idea but it's bigger than an idea lol

i'll try tht sumhow...