why marriage?!

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
oh i think i have a complicated problem ppl help :'(

i feel like marriage is the most horrible thing i've ever heard about

and also i think when ppl marry and have children they just have them so they can find something to do instead of wasting time

also why would you have children when u know that 'life is hard' did u just wanted them to suffer???

Comments

• i seggust that you listen to the lectures of anba Pola that were just been added on tasbhea. [move][glow=red,2,300]THAY ARE AWSOMEE[/glow][/move].

you will understand everything from them.
  • Marriage is not a horrible thing. Marriage in itself is a blessing from God, when 2 people unite and become 1 in Christ. But sometimes its us who dont make the marriage work, because our lives are not centered around Christ. There will always be times when one has to sacrifice their opinion, but sometimes no one wants to take that step, and sometimes we are closed-minded, whether the husband or the wife..and even little things like that can cause big problems.

There is no marriage that is 100% perfect, every1 has at least 1 fight or something, but we have to retain peace inside of our hearts, peace that comes from the prince of peace. If we ever have a problem we have to pray and seek God's guidance. If Christ is in our lives then no matter what problem we are facing, He will always help us, because no problem is too big for Him. If we really have a house that is full of His love and peace, then it will be a blessed marriage

People do not have children so that it would give them something more to do. Children are so precious, look how innocent and beautiful they are, like little angels :). Life isnt always bad/hard, look at the positive things in life. im sure if we got throught it, so can our kids! Life is so precious and valuable, God gave us a chance to live so that we may have a chance to live forever with Him, even if we might suffer a little, our life on earth is only temporary but life with Christ will be forever, its all worth it in the end :)

Dont always be discouraged just because you see some marriages seem terrible,,,so much fighting etc, whether from our own parents..or friends etc.... Just because there are some marriages that arent so great it doesnt mean all marriages are as well. Remember sometimes people choose to not find a solution to their own problems, till they keep getting bigger and bigger, but when there is a will, there is a way, so we should all try our best to do whats right, & remember whenever we are in need, God always listens to the prayers of His children :)
  • Great answer PrincessMary...just to add to that, a marriage is a symbol of Christ and the Church. The husband is symbolized as Christ, and the wife as the Church. Don't forget it's also a sacrement in our church, which makes it even more holy, not horrible. Wehen it's in Christ, it's the best you will experience in life to have so much unity with the person you love and even more a unity with Christ in the middle of you two.
    Children are a gift from God. Imagine giving a life to someone and offer them to GOd. I don't know but for me, it sound really great to give life to someone.
  • I think that many people over exaggerate about marriage. Some may say it sarcastically, so make sure tht this isn't the case. Others sincerely mean it. If one gets maried for true love, then that couple will not complain about their struggles because they do it for the sake of love for each other.

Now, about your question about why people have children, if they know that it would lead them to suffering. The truth seems to be that those people wither didn't expect the responsibilities which would come with raising their children or didn't even expect children at all. These people are the people who end up suffering and allow their children to suffer as well. This is why some couples, or at least in the past, did not have children right when they got married. These are the responsible couples. They consider if they have the ability to raise a child and only go for it when they are almost 100% sure that they could raise a child. I also agree with many of the other posts on this thread.

Please pray for me always,
    Believer in God
  • Children are a gift from God. Imagine giving a life to someone and offer them to GOd. I don't know but for me, it sound really great to give life to someone.

well, humans can't give life to someone..
  • You know what I mean...giving birth (a new life) to someone which is why it's a gift from God. God is the one who gives life through birth.