serously

this is a serious question, does the coptic church forbid two people who are married to casualy have sex just for pleasure?

Comments

• what do u meannn?
    like marrage for sex??
    cuase one of the reasons of marrage sometimes is phiscal plasure. which is not ronggg. but u have to accept the other BIG responsiblities with marrage.
  • umm chek in one fo the forums..maybe 2 to 3 pages bak...we had a huge discussion bout it....maybe that will help...sorry im in a rush..i cant look for the link now... :-\ but yer...if u find it i know this will really help you out with your question...
  • wat is it with people and questions about sex??????????

ask your foc if u really want to know :-\
  • PLEASE, check this for any more Qs.
    http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Sermons/Bishops/H.G._Bishop_Paula/Family_Convention.html

spicifcly: Reasons for Marriage.
    And i agree with mazza. [glow=red,2,300]NO MORE Qs ABOUT SEX AND MARRIAGE PLEASE.[/glow]

even anba Pola says it that is a RED LINE which shouldn't be crossed. but her it's normal to talk, but as copts it's NOT.
  • well if sex is kinda of showing love to ur partener that means it's not just for pleasure so i think it can be for having a baby or showing affection
    i can be wrong though..

GBU
  • of course ur rit,
    but ppl can talk about it to there [glow=red,2,300]FCO[/glow]
  • [quote author=minagir link=board=10;threadid=3303;start=0#msg48656 date=1140628026]
    PLEASE, check this for any more Qs.
    http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Sermons/Bishops/H.G._Bishop_Paula/Family_Convention.html

spicifcly: Reasons for Marriage.
    And i agree with mazza. [glow=red,2,300]NO MORE Qs ABOUT SEX AND MARRIAGE PLEASE.[/glow]

even anba Pola says it that is a RED LINE which shouldn't be crossed. but her it's normal to talk, but as copts it's NOT.

i don't think you have n e right to command no more questions about sex and marriage if someones wants to kno.. THEY WANT TO KNO, sorry if that was kinda mean i hope you're not upset w/ me , but plz, come on
  • ur right. and don't worry, i don't get upset that easyly. but if any one have any Qs about sex, u have ur parents, and ur FOC, and also ur trusted freinds.

like i said before, sex sound normal to talk about here in the US. Y, cuz every one outside does.
  • well do YOU eva ask ur parents bout sumthing like this?
  • What!! How dare you suggest that is abnormal to talk about sex, arguably it is the most natural thing.

And would you also refrain from talking about your host country in a foreign way....it is ok here, but remember we are copts.

Has it become that easy to divide and subdue the questioning elements of ourselves on the basis of what.....TRADITION?

God gave me freedom and he gave me love, dont take either away!
  • Well i think some people don't like asking their parents stuff like about sex because sometimes the parents get mad at their kids for asking and say it's all illit adab , and never answer the questions.

PK
  • oh yes and not just sometimes ALL THE TIME they get mad and say ellet adab and 3eeb
    lol

• i think it is if it the marriage is completely based around this situation.. or if you just married to enjoy lust pleasures... i thnk
  • is it like if two couple r married if they have 'lust' they shouldnt hv sex?

if yes so is the feeling 'lust' an evil feeling that doesnt match christian life or is it normal feeling between any couples?
  • Hi all
    I think that we all have to think first why god gave us the sexual sense? God gave it to us to that it can be blessed through marriage. this is one of the holliest things that God gave us. But i'v got an opinion here that people shouldn't decide to get married just for marriage relationships. God gave us the sexual sense to love the partner that we are goning to choose and get close to this person and also to give birth. I think that the plesure from the marriage relationships is not actually against the purity of GOD at all becuase St. Paul mentions about that in his writings. Marriage is one of the most important sacremnets in our coptic church, and GOD does really bless the physical relationships between married couples if it is through marriage. I hope that I helped, correct me if I'm wrong with anything I said. I would really really suggest that if anyone has a question, is to ask FOC and please don't ever think that its embarrasing to ask your FOC about sex matters.

In his Name

Hany
  • If any relationship at all is based around lust it is impure. When a married couple has a physical relationship, they are already one in spirit, and are doing this as a way to express their emotions (which are supposed to be pure). If their relationship is based around lust, then yes it is wrong. Christ himself said that the man who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultry with her in his heart.
  • I've been told by a priest that it is permitted to have sex for pleasure in a marriage, but as long as it is in normal positions (none of this worldly stuff).
    but as im sure you know... we are advised to abstain from sex during fasting so we may dedicate all our time to the Lord and the feast of the time.

• really.in fasting..

and also..the first 3 days of marriage we are to abstaun..as it is a sing that marriage was not based around sex..and something like this would not be too significant!
  • Yep you see... normally... in a married couples life... if the guy has the desire for the woman and the woman does not give in to the man then it is a sin on her behalf... and if the woman has the desire for her husband and the husband doesn not give in to the woman then it is a sin on the mans part. but during fast... that does not apply!! if either one wants it... the other can say no to it because it is during fast!

does that make sense???

i tried to put in a clean way! lol