I want to share something

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
This is from a book... (I found the part about treating parents in pride .. being a source of sins ? interesting)
"
11. HOW CAN I START TO LIVE IN PURITY?
1. Cut off all the sources of evil: bad friends, magazines, and any environmental influences that will divert you from living in purity. I must cut them off, if I am serious in wanting God to work in my life. Cutting off these sources doesn’t mean that I am pure, but it is a sign that I want to be God’s child and be after His image.
2. Give yourself time to evaluate your life and discover where you have gone wrong. Analyze your relationship with your family; ie, perhaps you are treating your mum or dad in pride, this is one of the serious sources of lusts. If I disobey my parents my body will disobey my soul. This is a common problem, not only among the youth but also among elders. Therefore it is important to reevaluate your life and your rela-tions with your family, your friends, church, God and your body.
3. Pray and ask others to pray for you: your confession father, your parents, and spiritual friends. We need to pray for each other. Start reading the Bible, repent, confess and ask God for forgiveness.
"

PURITY
TOPICS, QUESTIONS, AND ANSWERS
COPTIC ORTHODOX CHURCH
MELBOURNE - AUSTRALIA
This book, in fact, is the outcome of two youth conferences, held in Victoria, Australia.
1. “Senior Coptic Youth Conference,” at St. Anthony’s Monastery Sunday, on 17th. Tuesday - 19th. January, 1993.
2. “Junior Coptic Youth Conference,” Philip Island, on Wednesday 20th.- Friday 22nd. January 1993.
Prepared by:
Nivene Hanna,
and others
English text revised by:
Dr. Nora El-Agami
In the Name of the Father,
the Son, and the Holy Spirit
One God.

Go to
0915 - PURITY - TOPICS, QUESTIONS, AND ANSWERS    
   COPTIC ORTHODOX CHURCH MELBOURNE - AUSTRALIA Fr. Tadros Y. Malaty

After you go to this site..
http://coepa.org/downDetails.php?pageNum_titleDetails=1&nav=downloads&PHPSESSID=bb3e34a75bd2b94a673b4addf5ef7c1f&cat_id=1&subcat_id=23&thrdcat_id=53&totalRows_titleDetails=31

So it seems the book was maybe written by Fr Tadros Y. Malaty or he was involved in writing the book or involved in the Youth Conference or something...

God Bless!

Comments

• This comes from the same book

20. HOW CAN WE FACE THE PROBLEM OF LAZI-NESS ?
    I will tell you of a very simple way. We can use it not only on the spiritual level, but even in our daily lives. You must do what is important at the start, giving it the priority. For instance, when you are very tired and you want to sleep, say to yourself "I will pray only: Our Father..." This
    takes one minute at the most, so you decide to say the "Thanksgiving Prayer" following "Our Father." After Thanksgiving, you encourage yourself, say I am not that tired I can add Psalm 50. In this way you will do the right thing at the right time without delay.
    Don't postpone the spiritual work for tomorrow. Say, I will do it now and rest tomorrow. Otherwise tomorrow will drag you on to the next day, etc. You will have rest when you start because the rest of the soul is more important than the comfort of the body. When I sleep with peace in mind, even my body is in comfort, whereas if I sleep with anxiety, then even my body will feel discomfort.

I actually stopped reading Our Father, Prayer of Thanksgiving and Psalm 51
    my FOC I think said something like read the psalms which you think you can relate to..
    Maybe he did not want me stop praying these prayers?
    I dont think I always meditate and have my heart in the prayers..