Work or Church?

edited December 2008 in Personal Issues
Hi

Comments

• Mike, I think you need to chill. Just because you're living your life does not make you a horrible being..now, before I get attacked about 'living your life', I mean to say that God didn't create us to live in church..and setting aside all psuedo-spirtuality, people have to go to work because sometimes, God works through them in better ways when they are letting things take their course..this world would be back in the stone age if everyone lived under the ridiculous belief that it's church and nothing else..besides, God is with you everywhere..church is most definitely an important sanctuary however, it's not the only place God is..St. Antony never went to church after his solitude..and well, his solitude was better than the million hours spent in vain of many of those living in the city..if we chose to spend our lives in church, that would be nice..but be serious..a bit down to earth, if you will..sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do..don't think everything is a temptation from the devil..next thing you know, it'll be 'my dad wants me to shower before I go to church, is this a temptation to keep me from church?' Just chillax bro.
  • short answer: no its no temptation from the devil ;D :D ;) :)
  • In one of pope shenouda's books I think.. I think it says something like "when you want to pray the devil will tell you brush your teeth first"

or maybe I read something like that from somewhere else? or maybe from nowhere?
  • [quote author=mikeforjesus link=board=10;threadid=3242;start=0#msg47998 date=1139984449]
    I am feeling miserable and I just want peace... I want to do nothing for a while.. yet I have evil thoughts in me continually I cannot rest... I do not enjoy doing things normal people enjoy doing (like hobbies) I think maybe... and I think they are a waste of time anyway...

I just want to die sometimes...

mikeforjesus look what God has given you and be thankful for it. God has given you your five senses, God gave you a mind to use and think, God gave you your family, God gave you a chance to live peacefully, God gave you time to go to church, God gave you a second chance, and most of all God gave you your life. God did not make anyone by mistake, everyone has a purpose. Always be thankful for every second you live, every moment you have, every breath God lets you take, because you never know when you will lose your life. Life is not something to be thrown away willingly, It is the greatest gift God has given mankind. Jesus DIED for you to LIVE. By the way, suicide leads you straight to eternal fire. Do not ever wish you were dead, because God gave you this life to live. Please go to your Father of Confession as soon as possible, he will guide you and give you the proper advice.

Please forgive me and pray for me,

Godhelpme3691

P.S. Iqbal PLEASE add
  • I do not want to take my own life I think but I do not enjoy life sometimes

• I don't think it's a bad thing because your dad probably knows the best for you. And, if you can at least take some communion, then it's ok. But, you have a reason so I THINK it's ok becuase you aren't not going for a stupid reason... I think that it's ok
  • Allow me to interpose and say: Spirituality to the extremes is not spirituality. The mind and reality are part of spirituality so just think about it..anything considered spirituality without common sense is nonsense..
  • Hey mikeforjesus :D
    I just want 2 tell u that God doesn't keep a tally of how many times u've missed church: He is more concerned with your heart.
    You seem like a very honest and genuine person and i think you will overcome this period of uncertainty in your life...we all go thru phases where somthing is bothering us and we just don't feel comfortable...
    Just ask abouna to pray for u and 2 put holy oil on your wrists and forhead and everything will be OK ;)
  • thats a great asnwer and i completely agree with cherry88