Noodles ... Caramel..

One of the ingredients I saw on a noodle box ? was caramel I think... do you think its not seyami (is that how you spell it?)

If I fast all the church fasts I think I will get very very skinny...
and maybe it will affect my brain..

Comments

• us noodles a big part of your fasting?? n yes it is an important question and yes it will help me answer your question....

BUTTTTT...you must ask your FOC becasue he is the only one that can say it is ok to eat it or not!!
  • JesusisKingofKings ur HILARIOUS!
    Never heard of caramel noodles...(hey, u never know, they could be nice, lol ;)) Mayb avoid caramel noodles and go 4 the chocolate flavoured noodles instead!...(just kidding)
    Anyways, i agree, its difficult somtimes 2 tell with some processed foods if they're like 'seyami' or not...
  • um as funny as it sound cherry but i think u understood wring..i dont thin it was caramel noodles it was just that the indgredients of noodles are caramel!! :-[
  • Yeah i know...I was joking... ;D
  • [quote author=Cherry88 link=board=10;threadid=3238;start=0#msg47943 date=1139895329]
    Yeah i know...I was joking... ;D

oops sorry..i really wouldnt have a clue!! :-[
  • Olive oil I think is not allowed in fasts... what about Canola Oil?

• someimes ppl go way 2 far...fasting isnt just about food
    its about a change of ur whole mindset...ur language, ur personality and your atittude
    not just necessarily abstaining from certain foods, im not saying that its good. of ocurse it is cus ur obstaining ur body so therefore you can obstain temptations but when u go 2 far by cheking the ingredients of all the foods u eat...thats a bit wierd no offense
  • I dont know what I should do..
  • what do you mean???
  • MikeforJesus,

I think you are confusing the fasting rules of the Coptic Church and those of the Eastern Orthodox Church. In the Eastern Orthodox Church olive oil is not allowed in fasts like Lent, but shrimp and some kinds of seafood are allowed. In tho Coptic Church there is no rule about specific kinds of oil. The differnce have to do with differences in culture and the role of different kinds of foods in the cuisine of that culture.

As a general rule for our lives "for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life." (2Cor 3:6)
    Also, as Jesus said, " Do you not yet understand that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and is eliminated? But those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man." (Mat 15:17-18)

Therefore, we need to have a spirit of fasting. If we try to follow the letter of the law, we will fail. However, if we are fasting in the spirit we will be fasing in all aspects of our life. Yes you should read the ingredients on a package. However, is it more important to spend 5 hours researching the origin of "carrageenan" or to spend that time in meditation and prayer. If you feel guilty about eating something then don't. However, do not trouble yourself by trying to justify to yourself that this thing is fasting.
  • Thankyou KBibo8 I want all things you said to be right maybe (it seems like it might be)

I would like to just not eat the thing (?) but my parents get annoyed maybe because I avoid many things im not sure about.. so I have to find out if its okay to eat it or not..

I maybe get confused between the letter and the Spirit (?)
    alot..

If we are to live according (?) to the Spirit then why does the Church make (?) rules like you must not eat meat in this fast and not leave it up to us whether we want to (for our benefit ?) or not ?

God Bless!
  • oops sorry..i really wouldnt have a clue!! :-[

no worries, i've a weird sense of humour!

interesting discussion btw...u know wat's really hard 4 me is like wen ur in a social situation and u know ur not supposed 2 eat ne of it but u c every1 else eating so it becomes really tempting...
  • u know what is even harder...sp,etimes in CAMPS with skool, in the restaurant we get served in...there IS NOOOO fasting food.....sometimes at all!!! maybe bread and thats about it....

and with the food i eat, i have to last the whole day doing activities....

but at the same time...God will give me the stregnth....and that this is the MAIN time to prove my self...not at home where i have options of eating fasting cheese or soy ice cream!!
  • If I fast all the church fasts I think I will get very very skinny...
    and maybe it will affect my brain..

Are you kidding me right now...who are you fasting for your brain or your spirit...Man..what was that all about noodles...
    If you don't want to fast...just don't...but don't make excuses for yourself not to fast because "it will affect your brain"
  • my mum says my brain is going to shrink or something..
    If I do not want to fast will it be sin?
  • Actually just for your info...Fasting is known to be healthy..all those vegeterians out there are more healthy than anyone of us..not just that..it's healthy for your spirit.
    If you care more about your body than your spiritual life...don't fast..

If I do not want to fast will it be sin?

ask your FOC