Exorcism of Emily Rose ( A Movie)

edited February 2006 in Random Issues
Hey, I just saw this movie today. It talked about a girl who is possessed, this is a true story by the way. And There was a priest convicted of homicide. And he said that this girl was a saint, but how can she be a saint if she died because she was possessed by a demon. And also, she said before she died that she saw st. mary, and st. mary told her she can either die, or stay possessed, but she chose to stay possessed. And Also, the devil talked to the priest and said, u won't be able to cast me out? Why though? And, one time in the story she even went to the church but was still possessed, even after the priest prayed on her??? And how come it happened every night at 3:00? isn't 3 a holy number?
tHIS IS REALLY CONFUSING, AND I HOPE someone can explain this?

PopeKyrillos

Comments

• PopeKyrillos, I think that this movie is made up and not true. You have to remember that this is Hollywood we're talking about. This movie is based on a director's imagination, and this imagination can go in any direction the director wants it to go. Do not be fooled by these movies, they can shake a person's faith. From my point of view, I think this is the devil trying to manipulate you and scare you. For more information consult your Father of Confession, he'll know what to tell you.

Please forgive me and pray for me,

Godhelpme3691
  • Are u sure this isn't real???

Pope Kyrillos
  • no the actual story is true and emily rose was a real person posessed by a devil, but...as someone said, this is hollywood. so they might exagerate things or add things in the movie to make it sound more interesting
  • remember it is NOT a true story. it is BASED ON a true story. that alone means a great deal.
  • Please read the part under ? Psychoses ... from this site

http://www.fatheralexander.org/booklets/english/orthodox_psychotherapy_d_avdeev_e.htm

The LORD sometimes allows a person to be possessed for his/her good I think
  • everythin happens for a reason
  • i watched this thing on the discovery channel (or i think it was) but anyways this boy had a demond tell him what to do and to do all these bad things and his parents thought that he was crazy so they sent him to rehab. and then, the demond started to do stuff to his sister and his mom and his dad and little brother. the demond started to control everything, it even controlled the boys father's truck and drove it through his office. i was so freaked out. but then they got a priest and they all prayed and had to ignore the demond and the demond melted this statue of st. mary. and when they prayed the demond started to do alote of stuff to get attention but when they ignored it, it left. and this was a true story. ???
  • that movie is completely fake and goes against everythign in the bible becuase after the holy spirit is in us there is absolutely NO WSy a devil can possess us
  • are you talking about the Exorcism of Emily Rose or the thing that i watched on the discovery channel? ???
  • TRUE?! Okay, allow me to define Hollywood true for you..that movie was a complete and total lie BASED on a true story..what's the true story you ask? Well, Emily was possessed and not because she was holy as this ridiculous movie claims..she was posssessed as any other being becomes possessed..her parents were incapable of dealing with her and so they killed her..the trials involved the priest's accusation of being involved (or not) in the murder..and there's your truth..I hate that movie..it's ridiculous.."I'm possessed because God loves me." it's even worse than Stigmata..another huge lie..
  • [quote author=mikeforjesus link=board=11;threadid=3224;start=0#msg47756 date=1139734856]

The LORD sometimes allows a person to be possessed for his/her good I think

Not quite...actually, never..that wouldn't ever happen.
  • Did you read from that site..

http://www.fatheralexander.org/booklets/english/orthodox_psychotherapy_d_avdeev_e.htm

?

But maybe God does not want the person to be possessed for life just temporarily for their good..
  • [quote author=mikeforjesus link=board=11;threadid=3224;start=0#msg47925 date=1139892174]

But maybe God does not want the person to be possessed for life just temporarily for their good..

uh, no..how? I think you mean to say that righteous individuals are continuously tried by the devil..but possesed? Never. It's hypocritical to claim that holy men's souls are among the souls of those who are so vulnerable to Satan..I'd prefer you not to speak of it in such a way..and if it is as you claim, why would God so punish his vigil servants?
  • Well maybe to test their faith????
    IDK. Just a thought ;D

PopeKyrillos
  • [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=board=11;threadid=3224;start=0#msg47984 date=1139969777]
    Well maybe to test their faith????
    IDK. Just a thought ;D

PopeKyrillos

He does test their faith..but not by possesion..
  • read from the site if you have not already..
  • It is only based on a true story so they too chicken to even see the preview. I would not see that movie. I am prone to nightmares LOL! Seriously I would like never see that movie or anything scary I like happy funny movies.Besides i haven't been to the movie theater in like 3 years. Ive only been to the movies like 4 times my whole life. I don't really watch that many movies and when i do it is like 1year or more after it comes out! IS it rude to our religon? Are their still possessed people? HuH

GOD BLESS
    much love
    Mary
  • i woulnt say its rude to our religion...its just wen abouna performs an excorcism, its very private and not many people will ever know, cus its meant 2 be sacred- like a gift from god to be able to take out devils, thats like god giving you physical authority over the devil, if u get me

and there are still people posessed today...but were baptised, so lets not worry about it

and oh, did u guys know if u dont take holy communion within 40days, u can get posessed by a devil, i heard that off a priest once...how scary (even if u are baptised) :-\ :-\
  • Thank u Mazza for sharing that.Good to know but now i am kinda worried about my dad , he has a messed up work schedule so it is hard for him to go to church in the morning. when he comes home at 2:00 am and church starts at like 9:00 and we have to leave home early cuz its like 17 miles away ! I don't think he had ummm uhuh oh yeah communion for like 30 days!