Work and Pay

I said to God I might pay $200 to the poor if I at least pass all my subjects maybe and I did... I was planning maybe to just work with my dad 2 days (Which would make sense I think if I get payed $100 a day) when I said this to God...
and I think my dad might pay me $100 a day.. I do not know if this is illegal.. it seems dad might pay other workers $100 a day... but me.. I dont do much at work... just hang some stuff... and sit down and walk around alot of the time I think... maybe because I am bad socially...

Can dad not pay how much ever he wants to for me? even if I do not work at all but just sleep there?

Matthew 20:15 (King James Version)

15Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

From
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 20:15;&version=9;

Have you read this verse before?

But I did not have this verse in my mind I think when I was at work today...

I want to get the money quickly so I can pay it and stay home and continue reading each days bible reading... but my dad I think wants me to work with him 20 days.. but I think it is not a good idea and God might not be pleased with that now...

Comments

• I don't get the question or the problem u are trying to ask about in here...sorry :-[
  • I don't understand what you are trying to say either. Can you please clarify your issue a little?
  • I understand and I believe that in order to get payed you have to work for it. Just because he is your dad, you cannot expect yourself to be treated better than the rest of his workers. As long as you can pay it off, keep working. It should be an dequal amount of fairness. You should try working with your dad, but it might depend on how old you are.

That's all I got out of the question. I hope I helped.
  • the other workers do not seem very bothered by me not doing much... I do not know how to help the customers much because I do not know where things are in the store... But I could spend more time doing the things I can do..

but some workers maybe are bothered with my pay...

I still think maybe Its not wrong for me to get payed $100 a day
  • Still not getting your question or problem...
    Why is that a big deal...it's your father job..talk to him about it...i guess.
  • I want to ask (maybe that is not all or part of what I was asking in my first post but I want to ask this)
    Is it wrong to take $100 from my dad for working 1 day but not doing very much (maybe because I am not u'sed to working there)?
  • JesusisKingofKings,

"for the laborer is worthy of his wages" (luke 10:7) it talks about the apostles but u can take it in this context..if you work, and do all the things that your boss tells you even if your sitting down and doing nothing all day. Then its ok to be paid even if it is your dads company...

If you still feel uncomfortable tell your dad you want to donate some money to the church and would like to work for it..very simple!

Shenouda.
  • thanx I hope your right