do they know??

edited February 2006 in Personal Issues
i wanna ask about does the devil know what are we thinking about?

if yes does it apply to the angels when we call them for help eg. archangel micheal?

what about saints, how do they know when we ask for their intercessions?

GBU

ps. i'm looking forward and i'd appreciate all ur ideas n replies.

Comments

• "For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. " Hebrews 4: 12

"For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.: 1 Corinthians 2:11

Only God and our own selves can now our inner thoughts. The devil, the angels, and the saints cannot read the thoughts of our minds. However, the devil is smart enough to guess how we think, because he knows the weak points of humans. I think he can try to influence our thoughts, just like we can try to influence a friend into doing something bad, so can the devil, but its our choice whether to listen to him or not

"And when he had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each holding a harp, and with golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints; . Revelations 5:8

I think that when you pray, then you are revealing your thoughts, because you are asking for the saint or angels intercession, so you are communicating with them, so they can hear you and intercede for you
  • but isn't the only one that can hear our prayers is god than how come saints can hear our prayers ?????

- i did like to know too

- because a prostant person fights me with this point :-\
  • i once learned a lesson about this... the devil does not know what we are thinking, but he throws in thoughts and images if we choose to accept them he then knows our weak points. ONLY the Lord knows our thoughts. "You know my thoughts and You search my reighns"- Tasbeha. Therefor the only guess the devil can make about what we are thinking depends on previous temptations. The devil will tempt us but through Christ we will prevail.
  • first i need verses from the bible about that matter plz

second if saint dont know about our prayers then they dont pray for us

third if the devil doesnt know about our weaknesses he wouldn't hv been able to make us fell in sins like being selfesh and those really BIG unphisical (not a word i think) sins
    i mean like evil thoughts and envy and all that..

fourth "For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.: 1 Corinthians 2:11
    this verse is confusing

GBU
  • "For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.: 1 Corinthians 2:11

It means that the only person who would know your inner thoughts is yourself like PrincessMary explained...likewise...God's thoughts wills and all of that are only known by God.
  • Quote:
    "For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.: 1 Corinthians 2:11

It means that the only person who would know your inner thoughts is yourself like PrincessMary explained...likewise...God's thoughts wills and all of that are only known by God.

if it's that, so then it goes against saints intercessions AND devil temptations!!! need a detailed explanation please

GBU
  • mnc_hnn,

If you read the Holy Book of Revelation very good, and by the way it is Heavens, specially chapter 4 and 5 you would understand that the prayers of the believers ascend to the golden bowls of the heavenly priests before they offered in front of God. The Lord is sitting on His throne hearing the prayers of His people through the intercession of the saints.

I am sure this is shocking to the protestant, but this is the truth, you can quote the verse that PrincessMary wrote above. That is why all the Apostolic Churches pray and ended with saying through the intercession of the Virgin Mary and all the saint or mentioning a particular saint.

• I am going to attempt to say something that I don't know know will be true or not. Let's start with the saints one...If you pray to a saint to interceed in your behalf to God...then I think they know and hear that since it's directed to them...same as how when someone who passed away can know that you are alright and pray for you in front of God.
    The devil temptation part...I think any thought that you have you tend to act on it whether it's bad or good...so that's how the devil can tell what kind of person you are...and in return put bad thoughts in your head...and see how you act on that...and just keeps going on with it...

i don't really know if that's true or not...but that's my attempt of explaning it.