euthanasia

Hi
What is the church's stance regarding euthanasia?

thanks

Comments

• Hi Cherry88, welcome to tasbeha.org, I'm just wondering what do you mean by that, are you referring to death prayers?

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Ok sorry...found the thread discussing the same topic ;)
  • no...euthanasia is when you kill someone in a painless way to stop them from suffering when they have a very bad illness
  • Oh, it's alright, but thanks for pointing that out to me, I understand that whatever the circumstance is, killing is just not a way, it's more harsh to do that, than let them suffer, just my opinion, I think the Church probably does not encourage this cruelty, as in the commandment saying, "You Shall Not Kill"

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • ya, coptic servant u r rit, god gave every person a specific life time!!

and what about if god wanted that person to be like that so he can heal him/her later..and we killed that person, what do u think will happen to u?

GBU
    sandra
  • Thanks sandrahanna, I appreciate it, and btw MarMar that is basicly what I said, "God is the lifegiver" "God is the owner of the life" "He is the only one that can take the life" The words of wisdom by H. G. Moussa, and "we shouldn't kill them, because a treatment may appear"

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • The church pray's for the "youth in Asia" like it prays for the youth everywhere.

:P

Sorry guys I'm just in a silly mood today. Actually, the first time I heard the word was in my 7th grade Sunday School class. My teacher said, today we will talk about euthanasia. The first thing I thought about was why do we have to learn about young people living in Asia in Sunday School.

• Um... you might have gotten your answer, but no matter what I think God should decide who dies and when because you cant kill anyone for any reason... I asked my sunday school tecaher as well