Problem?

It is close to 10:00 pm here in australia... and I still have not prayed all the parts I sometimes pray from the morning hour... nor prayed the prayer of thanksgiving and repentance... (some times when I do not pray it in the morning I pray it when I can)

And I do not want to pray those prayers now but I want to read from the bible...

trying to read from the agpeya (some of the morning hour and twelfth hour) and to do my bible reading everyday is hard I think and I am not getting sleep some days...

yesterday I did not get much sleep or maybe none at all because I was up reading from the bible, praying some of the twelfth hour I think...

I went to church today (mass started 8:30 am I think maybe) and then came home and then went driving with a driving instructor next to me.. and when I came to the house I slept... maybe at 3:00 pm till maybe approx 8:30 pm

and I think if I want to do all the things I think I should maybe I may not get much sleep for many nights...

Also I am skinny and I think I should keep the wednesday and friday fasts... (is it a sin not to?) ... I may fast until 3:00 pm eating nothing and drinking not even water.. because I think I should not.. and then after that even I may eat only some fruits... I dont think I should even eat bread (it might have egg in it) nor use soy milk for cereal (would it not be sin?)

I think maybe some cells in my body will die...

and I do not like when people interrupt me in the way of duty...

so maybe I am stressed...

some might tell me to talk to my FOC... I do not know if I can say all this to him in one meeting... and maybe I will not remember...

but now I want to eat bread and I do not want to pray from the morning hour and maybe not even the twelfth hour...
it might be becoming a burden... I even want to finish my bible readings quickly sometimes too because I do not find much enjoyment from it anymore (maybe because I am not contemplating on it and if I did it would take long maybe) and I want to read from the lives of the saints and a spiritual book

And I am burdened from my thoughts... I think I can not have peace if my mind continually wants to think thoughts I should not and I have to struggle against them.. but once a sin is defeated it gets easier maybe..

Comments

• Is it a sin to miss some masses... A Wednesday, Friday or Saturday mass because I think I should go to work with my dad?
    going to work after mass can be a problem because I may not be able to pray some prayers from the agpeya and do the bible reading I plan to do...

• dear JesusisKingofKings,
    well i dont really no the purpose of this post... wat question are u asking? ill answer wat i gathered in your post...

well... to start off with your prayer... your confession father must know and more importantly tell u wat u must pray... you cant just do something u want so next tym u go confession if u havent already done this say wat would you like me to pray and when, how much of the Bible would you like me to pray, what days shood i fast on and till wen? and alllllll those kinds of questions because he knows what you are capable of... never do 1 thing more than he says for eg. he ses read the 12th hour the gospel psalm and the bits after it and then say our father dont go home and then say o ill just add the cooncluding prayer then the nyt after o ill start the midnight service because in that the devil can easily trik u by putting self pride in you by saying see i can do this i am so good or i fast till this tym i am very good... there was a story of a monk who did that like he did more than his FOC said to and he had self pride so the next time he went for confession the father sed eat meat in the great lent and he did and he started crying because he realised that he had self pride... so all these questions ask ur FOC. and no its not a sin to miss a mass for eg. people have uni, work, skool that we must attend to its not lyk you have to go to every mass conducted every yr... so thats ok agan as u plan to do must be under the guidance of ur FOC ok

hope i helped in any way
    pray 4 me
    GB ALL
    +FROG+
  • Thankyou FULLY RELY ON GOD

:)
  • hello

we id just firstly like 2 say, what u posted there should have never been revealed... i mean, your fasting, praying etc is between u, god and your foc. i just wanted 2 make that clear...next time, dont reveal it

now with the issues you are having, i think its based on the fact that the devil is trying to rob you away from god, and hes doing this anyway possible...but you must resist, or he will win.

try and get your eating and sleeping habits set correctly, i think once they're okay, you'll b in control of your body and you will be able to say 'yes' or 'no' to a decision requiring prayer or fasting

also, even though you dont feel like praying...still pray. i remember i had the same problem where i got 2 a point where i was so lazy and just didnt pray, so my priest told me that even though you arent benifiting physically, it is your spirit that is benifiting. just like you are feeding your body, your spirit must be fed aswell

hope i helped
    marina
    p.s omg frog is back, hey hey :-*
  • Well I am hoping people here do not know me personally... and that they do not try to find out who I am

so do you think I should pray the morning hour prayer today maybe still?

do you think It is a sin not to go to the saturday Holy Mass even if I do not have work? I am hoping maybe to go to the sunday Holy Mass and I go sometimes during the week...

• i think that as long as you take communion and confess regularly, it doesnt matter how many times you go... as long as you take the body and blood of Christ on a regular basis, i dont think anything is wrong...
  • I want to ask when do you think it is not okay to say God Bless you?

should you always say it when someone sneezes?
    and should you say it to an atheist and all people? what about those who persecute Gods people with abusive language?

Psalm 129:5-8 (New King James Version)

5 Let all those who hate Zion
    Be put to shame and turned back.
    6 Let them be as the grass on the housetops,
    Which withers before it grows up,
    7 With which the reaper does not fill his hand,
    Nor he who binds sheaves, his arms.
    8 Neither let those who pass by them say,
    “The blessing of the LORD be upon you;
    We bless you in the name of the LORD!”

From
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm 129:5-8;&version=50;

I may have side-tracked but is it okay because I made the post I think..
  • [quote author=JesusisKingofKings link=board=10;threadid=3151;start=0#msg46943 date=1138971427]
    Well I am hoping people here do not know me personally... and that they do not try to find out who I am

so do you think I should pray the morning hour prayer today maybe still?

do you think It is a sin not to go to the saturday Holy Mass even if I do not have work? I am hoping maybe to go to the sunday Holy Mass and I go sometimes during the week...

hay matey i think i sed clearly its not up to u or far off up to us to decide wat u pray its between u and ur FOC and that is very tru u shoodnt reveal anything lyk that bcoz the devil will c ur trying and will stop it and im not saying u do but as i sed with the monk story the devil can hit u with self pride ok matey

lol hahah y thanks mazza :-* :-* :-*

+GB ALL
    +FROG+
    pray 4 me plzz
  • Im revealing it to get help.. am I not? and who here knows me personally?...
    peope should not try to find out who I am..

and I have not been doing this fasting for a long time I think... the devil will try to fight you with pride with everything I think maybe..