MUSIC

whywhy
edited February 2006 in Personal Issues
ok ok i know this may been a topic to come up before ..music..

but what i request of u is not knowledge but i just want encouragements and lectures about why not to listen to wordly music...

i want to quit listening to Music..n hear Hymns and gospel music and anything that will help me grab a hold of my eternity...

i want encouragements, warinings, lectures...anything that will help me STOP...PLEASE i neeeeeeeed alot...

PLEASE i beg you...any1 that reads this...help me out

if it is any Experiences in your life,anything you reccommend to do... ANYTHING and i mean ANYTHING under this topic

PLEASE PLEASE!!

thanx...marina

Comments

• hay guys how r use all?
    well the strongest and most convincing thing is only 2 words 'Hells Bells' youd be thinkin wat the hek does that mean... well its a dvd guys any1 tryina get rid of the music problem u GOT to watch it grab a hold of it from anywhere its lyk compulsory if u wanna stop prob the 1st 10 mins ud b lyk im not listening to worldly stuff nemore and beware its 6 hrs full of jaw dropping material. as i said in my other post for magazine i put a verse from colossians... read colossians 3 guys tells u to set your mind on the heavenly and not hte earthly basically that cahpter tells you how to live your life... and remember guys hymns, spritiual songs etc r the HIGHEST form of prayer... listening to the worldly 1ns highest form of prayer to who? God?... i dont think so... more lyk satan... as well when he was lucifuris in heaven as an archangel they were all in charge of stuff he was in charge of the... u guessed it... hymns and songs... so wat he was best at is still best at it until this day and gets more ppl sucked into it so guys dont fall over... let God pik u up again just look up His hand is out there for u its u that has to grab it so come on guys live your life as if you were in heaven besides as soon as we get to heaven wat are we gonna b singing? songs by 50 cent or chingy or whoever? i think not so get used to it from here ;) :D

peace
    +GB ALL
    +FROG+
    pray 4 me plz
  • this post might be helpful

http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=474

but maybe it was not discussed ? enough before...
  • ANY 1 ELSE>>>>PLEASE>>>> :-\
  • here's something that might be of help...

when you do (listen in this case) something so much that you cannot stop it (not that im implying you cant) you let yourself be a slave to something other than Christ. you, the daughter of God, who was bought at the highest price ever.

?? maybe this helped??
  • yes it definetly has..

however in this case... i can stop listening...but the problem isi dont want to...even though i know it is wrong and thats where i need convincing!!
  • I do not believe listening to music is wrong. It is the selection of music that is important. If you listen to gangster rap.. ok.. thats not appropriate since it promotes all kinds of wrong doings, but to generalize and say that listening to anything except for hymns is wrong is an extreme.
  • ok i don't if this well help?

i read it somewhere in the bible that the childern are look up to their father
    that means if we reaaaaaaaaaaaaaly the sons and daughters of god than we will do like him and not do worldy stuff
    but if satan is our father then we will look up to him and do worldy stuff
    (i don't mean anything offensive it is just that if u can't stop listenenig to bad music ; than satan will make u do other stuff that u will not be able to start it starts out with somthing small than it gets bigger (i'm talking about sins))
    i hope it helps
    sorry for being a bad writer
  • if you really want to quit then get rid of all the cds and music that you listen to and get church songs instead
  • PLEASE READ

Almost all music, especially in America has become severely corrupted. Music sings about the lusts and desires of the world. Just look at how music in the youth has shaped one's mind and body. Because youth look up to singers, rappers, and bands, it influences them so much to the point that their morals, values, and what makes them who they are, suddenly disappears. Instead they take on what the singers look and act like. This my friends is called a weak personality. And what hurts me the most is that when the singers are committing a sin, the fans that follow commit a sin also. For example, rappers are usually doing drugs, drinking, cursing, talking about girls, killing other people, and so many other sinful acts I wish not to mention. Do you really want to be like these people who have no sense of Christianity? Trust me "why", I went through the same thing your going through. When I was in 6th grade, I started listening to rap music, because my cousins and everyone else in the school was listening to it. I listened to it for three, long, years. Not only did it turn me away from God, but it also made me sin even more, hidden sins. Because I wanted new music I had to sneak music behind my parents back. I knew it was wrong, but I was ignorant at the time, God had not opened my eyes yet. Not only that, but as the curse words and evil thoughts played through the music, it made me think in a sick-minded way, and made me curse more at my friends, family, parents, and other people. I played video games also, so when a certain video game came out (Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas) I rushed to buy it and had deceived my parents, plus wasted fifty dollars of my money. Also, when a movie with a rapper came out I would deceive my parents again and go buy it. Until I had a "spiritual revelation" in the summer. I had been keeping my music, movies and games in the basement, so that my parents would not find out. But, one day my Mother went down to clean in the basement, and she found the evil stuff. She only found some of the stuff and she took it. It was all in one bag. My mother did not talk to me about the matter until about a month later when we had a fight. I had talked to her after the fight about some issues I had. I then talked to her and asked her about her opinion of music. My mother looked at me in the eye and I knew what she was thinking and what had happened. I found out that my mother had found the bag. At that moment I realized that I could not find the bag I put most of the evil music, games, and movies in. I finally confessed that I had been sneaking rap music, bad games, and bad movies behind her back. I had realized that I couldn’t live like this anymore. Every time I went to church I couldn't face God, I couldn't pray, I couldn't concentrate, I felt like a guilty person. My mother didn’t want to tell me that I was listening to bad music, but wanted me to tell her myself. During that time period, God opened my eyes. God showed me the light and through my mother's help, made me realize my foolish mistakes. I sold back all my bad music, movies, and games, and deleted every song I had on the computer (2,542 songs to be exact), without my mother forcing me to. I went to confession and my Father of Confession instructed me on the right path. I had then vowed never to listen to the music that had caused me all this trouble again. God also opened my eyes and helped me find spiritual songs and liturgies on the Internet. So instead of the evil music, I filled my ears with spiritual songs and liturgies that would make me closer to God and less to the world. Since I stopped listening to music, my relationship with God has flourished magnificently. I started to learn about the Holy Liturgy more and read the Bible more than I ever had before. I began to watch movies of Saints and Martyrs. Miracles happen to me daily and God helps me in everything I do. So you see, something that seems so harmless as music can actually be a trap set by the devil to bring you to hell with him. Please do not be fooled and fall into the same trap I fell in. One of the greatest regrets I had is ever listening to music. “why” if your asking whether you should give up the music or not, the clear and most Christian answer would be YES give up the music. TRUST ME you will be doing the right thing.

"Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly" -Psalm 1:1

“The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.” -Luke 18:27

Please forgive me and pray for me,

Godhelpme3691
  • wow godhelpme.. :-[

that was soooo goooood :'(

thanks for opening up to me...

it will and has helped me...

thankyou..
  • No problem "why", just trying to help.
  • ok i will LOCK UP the joint..if any wahed needs me or dis subject..IM meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ASAP n i WILLLL RE-Open!! ;) :P

sankesyou barbaque everybody!!