*what wd u doo??

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
if u r on a computer and u went on a website and suddenly u saw any dirty thing what would u do?

what if u shut the window quickly then do what? coz u know everything u see just stick in ur mind like chewing gum on the floor . what kinda prayer u might say? and d u hv to confess about it?

if u do that means that whenever u walk down the street u need to confess!!!

Comments

• mnc_hnn, what I do is I exit out of it right away, and than I do the sign of the +CROSS+, than I go tell my mom, and the next week, this is what I'm going to do though, I go confess to my FOC, I don't think necessarily that it is your fault, but I think God is testing you sometimes! Hope I helped!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • If you know its not your fault, then go confess because that way its like the gum got wiped off... So, its just easier to confess and it makes more sense to just tell. And it;s not like you meant it, but unless you confess you wont be able to have God give you the strenght to let go of that picture out of your mind... Confessing just lifts the weight off your shoulders. And yes, I agree with Copitc Servent, make the sign of the cross.
  • oh but coptic servant, i don hv 2 tell mom though.. ::)
  • simply X out of it and occupy yourself with something else...

besides, right now most pop up blockers track these things before they get to you...
  • "If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell." Matthew 5:29

It is not saying to literally pluck out your eye, but do your best to stay away from the things, websites in this case, that make you fall into sin.

Please forgive me and pray for me,

Godhelpme3691
  • [quote author=Coptic Servent link=board=13;threadid=3143;start=0#msg46845 date=1138920912]
    mnc_hnn, what I do is
  • the best thing i would do is probable say a little short prayer and copitc servant probable said everything else!

GBU
    sandra
  • [quote author=Coptic Servent link=board=13;threadid=3143;start=0#msg46845 date=1138920912]
    mnc_hnn, what I do is I exit out of it right away, and than I do the sign of the +CROSS+, than I go tell my mom, and the next week, this is what I'm going to do though, I go confess to my FOC, I don't think necessarily that it is your fault, but I think God is testing you sometimes! Hope I helped!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent

go tell your MUM!!!! NOOOOOOO WAY>...
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=13;threadid=3143;start=0#msg46866 date=1138925691]
    simply X out of it and occupy yourself with something else...

the best advice ever!!
  • maybe you should download a pop up blocker or maybe not

http://weblocker.fameleads.com/

http://www.saintabanoub.org.au/downloads/weblock.exe

Also ask your FOC ... he might tell you to repeat "LORD JESUS CHRIST SON OF GOD HAVE MERCY ON ME, A SINNER" and do the sign of the cross while you are saying it..

also maybe you can sing a hymn you know... and use the sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God...

It is written "Whoever looks at a woman so as to lust after her has already commited adultery with her in his heart"

"If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him for the temple of God is holy which temple you are"

I dont know if I quoted exacly right..
  • No need to scare ourselves outta our wits!! I mean...it wasn't meant, huh?

Yes...I personally do that...repeat the short prayer that was stated above many times...however, check with your FOC...

and yes go confess about it...confession is not a shopping list of sins....no, it is what is called in arabic "Talmaza" or "disciplinship" and part of that is telling your FOC any major event in your life, and taking the guidance of God (through your FOC) about them...including work...marriage...serving the church...your "kanoon" or pattern of prayers and reading the Bible, and any sudden unexpected war from the devil (including THAT!)

May God bless you...

In HIS Name,

Rami Fouad Zachari
  • just push the big red x thing adn don't worry about it, tis not like you went there on purpose. god knows whats in your heart. ::)
  • [quote author=rf_zachari link=board=13;threadid=3143;start=0#msg47165 date=1139147676]
    No need to scare ourselves outta our wits!! I mean...it wasn't meant, huh?

i totally agree. jus relax guys.
    simply close it
  • but it's not a sin though that i hv to tell my FOC IS IT?

and i am not looking for some imbarrasing things to confess about, i got enough!!! :-\

and i think it's like one of the devil's temptations! so hmm isn't Gos supposed to protect us from seeing it?

also when u c sumthing like that it sticks in your memory and ohh i tried once and i JUST CAN'T FORGET IT! gonna pull my hair out now!!! ::)

GBU
  • The confusion is only to make sure it is out in the open. The reason it is sticking to your head is because you keep it in your mind. Get it out, talk to Abouna about it. And pray that God will clear your mind from these images.
    Popper blocker and the other ideas of Internet filters are a great ways of preventing this from happening again.
    And finally, do not ever click on any thing on the Internet that you do not know. It is always lead to scams/ temptations/ or other not useful links.