more problems

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Well I now think maybe wearing shirts of basketball stars or any sport team (possibly also wearing shirts like nike shirts) is wrong because it might be like idol worshipping... Please have pity on me if you are annoyed from me going to extremes if this is an extreme...

Some basketball stars are maybe respected because they swear, and do other evil things and wearing shirts of them ? seems like I am not going ? against their behaviour maybe...

Comments

• You are not annoying...your questions aren't annoying...but the thing is most people on this website are teenagers...whatever answers we gave you...it will not be as good or as accurate as your FOC, or even any abouna. Our knowledge is limited...we don't know how God looks at every single thing you do...none of us do. I don't know if you are going to extremes or not...maybe it's brave from you to ask...maybe all of us should do that...watch every step we do so we can get closer to God...but as much as this website is helpful...it's not what you should depend or what you should get your answer from. I know I didn't help that much but that's just what I think.
    Keep me in your prayers,
    Marianne
  • basketball players are respected for being good players and people wear their jerseys because of their ability, not because they're evil. who said they do evil things anyways? almost nobody does or ecourages evil things or people just because it's evil.

you're thinking to much. everything in this world is in a certain point of view evil , so you can go on forever.
  • I think I heard that you shouldn't wear name brand clothing because it might make those who can't afford such things or whose parents don't buy them such things feel bad or jealous, which can lead to problems in their homes(fights with parents because they want to be like "everyone" else).

With Love,
    Gods kid
  • mikeforjesus, I just think you want to live a life like a monk, you want to be a perfectionist, that's fine, but remember you will not succeed for no one can be perfect than God or be perfect at all, you are just having some difficulties trying to live a life like God told you, that is wonderful to hear that if you want to live a life like God told you, but you ought to remember that no one CAN BE PERFECT, for our only perfectionist is God, he will help you accomplish your goal of being diligent, we can all try to be perfect, and to live a life like God told us to, and we will do that in Heaven, enshalah if you can reach that far, you should not worry about dressing, boys don't have much problems as much as girls, and nike, adidas and champion and all those other shirts are fine just not on Sunday's to church, if you they are appropriate, unless it has a symbol that defines a meaning of something inappropriate than you are not allowed to wear, please don't be shameful for we are wearing something that our Lord has given us to cover us when we're cold!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Thanx for the posts all who tried to help

I think I sometimes have too many questions to ask which I think I might forget to ask my FOC and sometimes I want an answer urgently because I might sin if I do not have an answer quickly or I will get into fights with people...
    e.g I do not want to eat something with blood and my mum made food already which I think has blood in it... I do not want to upset mum maybe and I do not know if God is okay with me eating it... I can't wait till I see abouna because I am meant to eat it that same day maybe ...
    and there is many such problems maybe...
  • mikeforjesus...how old are you if you don't mind me asking?
  • mike for jesus...dont ever say that..we are hear for u and these kinds of questions..whatever is troubling your mind...

ok being slaves of the worldy things is wrong but wearing it or liking it or whatever you do with your shirt is not worshipping it..

if you put GOD no.1....n that u have no other God before HIM..then everything wlse is A OK...

so if i told u now to STOP wearig those kinda Jerseys for GODS sake...n u couldnt...then thats a big problem...that is a BIG NO NO!!

[move][glow=red,2,300]GLAD TO HELP YOU OUT MIKE[/glow][/move]
  • Thanx why (I hope all you said is true)

I will be 20 this year
    I seem old now I think... but Ive never had a job where I work often I think .. well I think I might not need one now.. but I do very rarely work with my dad somewhat..

• [quote author=mikeforjesus link=board=10;threadid=3131;start=0#msg46722 date=1138756448]
    Thanx for the posts all who tried to help

I think I sometimes have too many questions to ask which I think I might forget to ask my FOC and sometimes I want an answer urgently because I might sin if I do not have an answer quickly or I will get into fights with people...
    e.g I do not want to eat something with blood and my mum made food already which I think has blood in it... I do not want to upset mum maybe and I do not know if God is okay with me eating it... I can't wait till I see abouna because I am meant to eat it that same day maybe ...
    and there is many such problems maybe...

such examples...GOD is merciful....DO NOT FORGET...GOd is not going to ask why did u sin..he will ask..why didnt u repent... ;)