I THINK A VERY IMPORTANT POST!

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
For the baptism of an infant the mother accepts the faith on the infants behalf I think... I dont know if my mother actually believed and accepted Jesus as LORD and her LORD at that time ? ? ? .... so then I may not have received the Holy Spirit at christmation or baptism.

Maybe thats why I am painfully shy sometimes (?) ...

2 Timothy 1:7 (King James Version)

7For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 Timothy 1:7;&version=9;

Comments

• The validity of your baptism in the Church is not dependent on what your mother believes, or even what she believed at the time of your baptism. No Orthodox authority has ever taught this. You have nothing to worry about.

Everyone has personality or character flaws, or even chcracter/personality traits that we may consider flaws and which are not in actuality so. This is simply a result of our corrupt humanity, which we will eventuality overcome, as our Lord Christ enabled us in His becoming man and being obedient unto death. Rest assured however that it has nothing to do with your baptism. As long as you were baptised in the Orthodox Church by an Orthodox priest, then you have nothing to worry about. The Spirit of God is within you and at your service, and will assist you in your difficulties; just do your part by praying, partaking in the Holy Sacraments, and being obedient to the Lords commandments.
  • Thankyou Iqbal but in the bible was not the faith of the parents important for their children?

Also I have questions

This comes from the book "TEN CONCEPTS" By H.H Pope Shenouda III

You can find that book from here I think
    http://www.michaelminasi.com/Books.htm

"The meek person is often shy. He is known for his
    bashfulness and even as one of the fathers said, 'He does
    not look fully at anyone's face'. He does not examine
    one's features nor go deep within them to know their
    hearts.
    He does not analyze people and their feelings for his
    looks are simple. He is shy and always bashful."

Does this mean the pope might encourage less eye contact?
    and if you look too long at a persons face its hard to avoid thinking about their feelings I think and isnt it important to try to know peoples feelings so you can adjust your behaviour maybe?
    if that makes sense... (some monks avoided looking at people at all because they thought it will distract them from prayer to God I think)
  • wat about the saints who their parents were idol worshippers. the holy spirit only affects u. u are unqiue and u wont be affected by your mother

your shyness might be a personal characteristic...something that has happened in order for you to feel shy, but once you are baptised and have the holy mayroon. you automatically have the holy spirit, regardless of your mother, fathers, siblings or friends