offical statements

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Why doesn't our church come out and have an offical statement on topics that are considered "hot" such as dating, drinking,....etc?

Comments

• ehm i wonder about that too actually........when we have conferences or anything similar 99.999% of our questions are about these topics!!!!! lol
    but yeah a good question 2 ask, cuz when we ask a priest about these things we always get a definite answer, so why can't the church have an offical statement about these things???????? oh god its so frustrating! lol ::)
  • because when church gives out official statements about those hot topics..young adults will understand those statements in their own ways to their own benefit..for example: "Dating is allowed" so??? they are goint to go out date..do whatever they want..but do we take time to read the whole thing like dating is allowed in certain cases..or going out together is good as long as u r in friendship groups..no all we do we read the first 2 words and we go from there
    dating, dancing, drinking and all those kinds of topics are confusing most of the time especially when there is nothing in the bible that states clearly answers to questions concerning these topics so go to ur father of confession for advice..
    May God be with u!!! :)
  • [quote author=Wasim link=board=1;threadid=308;start=0#msg2841 date=1086017353]
    Why doesn't our church come out and have an offical statement on topics that are considered "hot" such as dating, drinking,....etc?

they do
    but they use proper words....proffesionally...

[shadow=red,left] [glow=red,2,300][check my signature...isnt it cool?!?!] [/glow] [/shadow]
  • Do they??? I wonder if they have statements about all kinds of things like birthcontrol, embryo cloning etc... :)

as for things like bf/gf, dating etc, im not sure they can forbid it. Keep in mind that:

1 Corinthians 10:23 - All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

so, i wouldn't have a clue about what things the church can actually forbid or not ???
  • [quote author=ArIpSaLiN link=board=1;threadid=308;start=0#msg10002 date=1094040928]
    [quote author=Wasim link=board=1;threadid=308;start=0#msg2841 date=1086017353]

they do
    but they use proper words....proffesionally...

[shadow=red,left] [glow=red,2,300][check my signature...isnt it cool?!?!] [/glow] [/shadow]

they did?? please let us know where you found those statements at!!
    and ArIpSaLiN thanks for your scrolling signature
    even though you are commenting :P
  • u guys wanna hear something funny about dating? I went to eccyc this year and of course the same question was asked....CAN WE DATE and so H.G Bishop Moussa spent lyk 50yrs answering this question no we shouldnt we can in some cases, yadda yadda yadda....so the 1st question was can we date...guess wut the 2nd question was?????????? can we date a black person???? guys, the person could be polka dotted green and orange, the answer is always going to be the same....i guess ppl keep aking the question in hope that someone will say YES to them, lolx bad news, its not gonna happen, lolx...i'm sorry i talk too much, alrite well ...lolxxxxx, this made me laugh so hard, so i just thought i'd share it....

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*

• lol lol lol
    ahhhhhh classic!!! :D
  • I'm glad u find it funny, lolx....u had 2 c it tho....we all looked @ each other lyk wut kind of brainless child wrote this, lolx...yeaahh eccyc always has inetersting things happening in it, lolx. neways....

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*