I think this might be for me..

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Jeremiah 15 (King James Version)

15O LORD, thou knowest: remember me, and visit me, and revenge me of my persecutors; take me not away in thy longsuffering: know that for thy sake I have suffered rebuke.

16Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

17I sat not in the assembly of the mockers, nor rejoiced; I sat alone because of thy hand: for thou hast filled me with indignation.

18Why is my pain perpetual, and my wound incurable, which refuseth to be healed? wilt thou be altogether unto me as a liar, and as waters that fail?

19Therefore thus saith the LORD, If thou return, then will I bring thee again, and thou shalt stand before me: and if thou take forth the precious from the vile, thou shalt be as my mouth: let them return unto thee; but return not thou unto them.

20And I will make thee unto this people a fenced brasen wall: and they shall fight against thee, but they shall not prevail against thee: for I am with thee to save thee and to deliver thee, saith the LORD.

21And I will deliver thee out of the hand of the wicked, and I will redeem thee out of the hand of the terrible.

From
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jeremiah 15;&version=9;

We should not seek to sit with mockers and sinners? but let them that know you if they respect your behaviour let them return or go to you after you sit not with them anymore?

Comments

• BEAUTIFUL... ;)
  • But im not sure and have you ever read that if there is doubt it is not from God?

I say Im not sure because I dont want you mazza to follow this advice unless I am sure and if it is for me can it be for you too?
  • This comes from the book "Spiritual Means" by H.H Pope Shenouda III

"The Spiritual Means
    5- You may practise the use of memorized verses while conversing
    with people.
    Let the language of the Bible be ready in your mouth to be used in your
    speech, your talk and your stories. By doing this you will reduce the chance
    of sinning and so you shall be a true Christian role model. In every situation,
    try to remember a verse ...
    6- You may also write down in a note book your favourite verses -
    Write the verses that touch you and are significant for you, then memorize
    them.
    I would like to work on arranging a competition in memorizing or
    publishing booklets to help in memorizing verses on various topics..."

You can find the book from here?
    http://www.copticchurch.org/spiritual_books.htm

If we follow this advice? from H.H I think people will start praising us more.. but dont we want to avoid this? do you think H.H means this for advice for just specific? people?

Also I think people will say... all you ever talking about is God and Jesus.. talk about other things like sports, games etc ? if we only talk about God..

people who say things like that should we avoid them? maybe we feel strangers with them?