Not just the clergy should preach..

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Do you think all believers we should be preaching Gods word to all people and not just priests, bishops, and the pope?
If so when should we not?

Do you think by doing this it could take away another virtue we have?

Comments

• JesusisKingofKings,

Preaching the people is a gift from the Holy Spirit, and He gives it to the one who knows how to use it wisely. In the Sacremante of the Priesthood the Spirit of God gives th power to teach to the clergymen. In the Book of 1 Cor. It stated clearly :

8: To one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit,
    9: to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit,
    10: to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.
    11: All these are inspired by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills.

Also, not because a person sometimes knows some truth about certain subject, that dose not qualifies him to preach. Because if your belief is false and does not adhere to the dogma of the church, that will stumble the hearers and drives them away from the sound teaching.

In the Epistle of St. James, it is clearly mentioned that:

1: Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, for you know that we who teach shall be judged with greater strictness.
    2: For we all make many mistakes,
  • But I got this from an orthodox book ("Living a Balanced life in an unbalanced world") I think (I think it was greek orthodox)

• if u want to preach u can always preach by ur way of life, it doesnt necesarliliy have to be a preaching with words ;)