diffrence

i know that there are alot of diffrences between the coptic and babtist churches but wut are the Main diffrences.

Comments

• i know a lot about baptist but not that much about coptics lets see

baptist do not have a divine liturgy or a mass, their is no Eucharistis Celebration ussally

they believe they are saved by faith alone

they have no valid sacraments or aposolistic succesion

no priests

there are some more but i don't really know them

God Bless,

Sam
  • Dear Sam ,
    Coptic Orthodox Church is not a protestant church
    it is simply , Orthodox like russian , greek ... etc
    except we don't accept the Council of Chalcedon as a canonical council.
    we are the see of St.Mark the Apostle , the holy see of Alexandria which found in the 1st century
    we have a the apostolic succession like any other traditional church,
    I think u know the orthodox doctrine of russia or greece or ... etc.
    we have the same.
    Baptist, lutheran , presbyterian , Calvinist , .... etc. are Protestant churches do not have any apostolic succesion or even tradition ... no sacraments , not intercessions, no Theotokos ... no thing!
    they are not churches ... because they do not have even altars!
    the word coptic does not refer to religion , but refers to nation ... coptic=egyptian in pharaonic language.
    it is like greek , roman , italian , armenian ... and so on.
    in christ,
    Mina
  • [quote author=tu es Petrus link=board=12;threadid=3036;start=0#msg45548 date=1137018622]
    i know a lot about baptist but not that much about coptics lets see

baptist do not have a divine liturgy or a mass, their is no Eucharistis Celebration ussally

they believe they are saved by faith alone

they have no valid sacraments or aposolistic succesion

no priests

there are some more but i don't really know them

God Bless,

Sam

wowww those ar huge differences...im suprised we are under the same category!!
  • wowww those ar huge differences...im suprised we are under the same category!!

We are not under the same category.
  • im mean christian... ;D
  • But we could say that Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses are in the same category as "Christian," if we are just looking at historical relationships of descent. Yes, even Muslims could be seen as an early deviation from Christianity, like these more modern examples. But Baptists should be seen as more truly within the Christian umbrella than these other sects because they at least affirm key provisions of the Nicene Creed, even if they fudge on their interpretations of its provisions.

This is not to say, of course, that we should have communion with them. It is merely to recognize what beliefs one must have in order validly to call oneself some kind of a Christian. If we wish for Christian unity some day, we must proceed with Charity with those who call Christ Savior, while not caving in on what is most essential. The Lord is calling His children home. They will hear Him.
  • Dear MarMar91,

You misunderstand what I've written. When I say that Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses bear some historical relationship to Christianity, I do not mean to say that they ARE Christian, any more than Islam is. All these cults derive from some Christian root, even if that derivation is so heretical as not to be within the realm of Christianity any more. In a like manner, we can say that Buddhism derives from Hinduism, though Buddhists are no longer Hindus, and that Christianity itself derives from Judaism, even though the Church and the Synagogue split the sheets after the fall of Jerusalem in AD 70. All of these are historical relationships, not theological identities.

My point was that we must not theologically place a denomination like the Baptists in the same boat as the afore-mentioned sects. Although there are some heretical elements to evangelical Protestantism, I would still call the faithful adherents to this tendency by the name "Christians." However, I would caution all Protestants by pointing out that when anyone parts from the Church and Her Traditions, he or she is apt to so deviate from Christianity as to create a rank heresy like Mormonism or Jehovah's Witnesses, both of which began as Protestant movements.

Yours in IHC XPC,

quisutdeus