alcohol consumption

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Just a simple question, are coptics allowed to drink alcohol? Are little amounts alright, or are we flat out banned from it. Lastly, are there any passages from the bible that also ban it from us? Alf shukraan wa rabana maak

Comments

• Yes, Alcahol is allowed, only for Medecine, just as Paul had some in the New Tetatment, i totally forgot where it is, but i know it says in there that Alcohol is alowed For Medecine... and only specific types, like your not gonna have a Martini because your sick!... and also again, according to the technology these days, i dont think Anyone would need Alcohol for medecine, and another point is that, i say, a little bit, like a small cup of whatever is good for your health every now and then, just as long as your sensible with it, and dont get drunk obviously and dont break the law.
    And the last Point, we are NOT totally banned from it!

• No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for your stomach’s sake and your frequent infirmities.

• thanks mikhail, a_deacon, and marmar91 for that! It clears alot up for me for now. I mean i dont drink anyway, but was wondering if it was totally haram to have a drink here and there.. Rabana Maak