New Youth Magazine for grades 7 & 8

edited December 2005 in Personal Issues
Hey Everyone,
We're starting a new youth magazine at church targeting the youth of grades 7 and 8 because they're the age group that's the least focused on right now. The problem is that we don't really know what to put in there. We're not sure if it should be just articles, or articles and games. I'd greatly appreciate feedback. God Bless you all.
Pray for me & my weaknesses
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year
-Christine

Comments

• hi cghali, i think this is a GREAT idea!!

From personal experience, kids this age like jokes, cool facts, and they like short games like crosswords or games like text twist (if you dont know which game this is pm me and ill tell you)...also junior high kids like to read SHORT articles that talk about social issues that INTEREST them i.e. dating, modern music, fashionable clothing, bulleying, peer pressure, etc.

Also junior high kids like to hear what other junior high kids like to say. So maybe you can have some kind of interview with a few kids and include this interview in the article...you can ask them things like where were you born, what are your hobbies, what do you do on your spare time...you can maybe have this under a section called, 'know ur junior high peers.' Actually in my junior high service we recently did something like this except it was on video and the kids REALLY liked it

You can also have the junior high kids themselves write short articles or poems b/c the material will be much more appropriate for ppl their age.

If you need any more ideas or clarification pm me, id be glad to help out more.

NOP+
    Youstina S
  • Hey, I'm in 8th grade right now and i would personally like to hear stories about saints in there. You could also put poems and chain letters but without the send to 5 friends or you will have bad luck part. I personally enjoy reading those but i never like the send to 5 friends part because my friends are the ones that send it to me. You could also put an advice column, something like what we have at Tasbeha.org where if kids have questions or problems they could send a letter or email to an adress and get advice in the magazine. That would make kids get it just to see the answer of their questions. I hope i helped. May God Bless always. ;D

Always,
    Angel from Heaven