Sent For a Reason

Hello everyone, Well I don't want to be too specific becuz there are people on this site that know me but i don't want them to know who i am. Well i was at a resturant and i went to the bathroom with a friend of mine, people think of this friend (Lets call this person Bill) as extremly annoying.

SO someone hit bill and bill was hurt. Suddenly bill started telling me about school and how people hurt bill. then bill started crying! alot. I afraid for bill. I know God sent Bill to me for a reason. But i just don't think i can handle it. Advice? ???

Comments

• Have you prayed to God asking Him what you should do?

Maybe eventually you should tell him about how Jesus was treated while He was on earth and that once He accepts Jesus in His life and is baptised and everything else that Jesus will never leave him or forsake him... do you know that verse?

And maybe you should try to be a true friend to him and give him advice about what God says he should do in certain situations if you are 100% sure what you say is true or invite him to church and let him speak to abouna?

Anyway I dont think ive ever been a good friend to someone in real life... So maybe I shouldnt type this

Proverbs 18:24 (King James Version)

24A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother. ---> is this friend that sticketh closer than a brother Jesus Christ?

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs 18:24;&version=9;

Eventually I think for him to free he will have to forgive all those who hurt him..

• there is this story that has been circulating for a while, i dont have a copy here with me, but i will give you the summary of it...

there was the guy and he was walking with is friends at school one day and he sees a boy, who wasnt too popular and seemed to get picked on a lot.

he seemed to be carrying all his books for school, which seemed strange as he could have kept them in his locker over the weekend.

as he watched a group of people walked by and knocked the books out of his hands in their rush, and he got his glasses knocked off.

the boy didnt scream out or anything, he just started to pick up his books. feeling sorry for him he went, picked up the boys glasses and gave them to him.

then he said, "forget those guys, they're jerks".

he said thank you in a kind of distant way.

knowing the guy from his class he felt for him and said that his friends were gonna play a game of football that evening.

the boy agreed and the other boy offered to help him carry his books as they would walk the same way home. as they walked and talked they realised they had a lot in common (as most boys in school do)

they met up after that for the football game and he got along with all the other guys and these two boys became best of friends as time went by.

as tends to happen, they grew up and approached final year in high school, and this boy with the glasses grew up to be the dux of his final year and filled in physically and was a popular person, but they continued to be best of friends.

being popular and the dux, he was offered to give the final speech for the final class in his year.

he got up and started his speech

he recounted that friday afternoon when he had his books knocked out of his hand and how his now best friend came to help him and that was their start of their great friendship.

but no one knew that the reason he was carrying all his books home that day was because he was planning to commit suicide.
    he had given up on life and didnt want his mum to carry his books home from school.

he remembered how his best friend came and just gave him an encouraging smile and a comforting and assisting word and hand.

naturally everyone was shocked that this young, good-looking popular man would even want to comprehend suicide. and this boys parents looked to their boy's best friend with compassion and pure thanks for a deed that he didnt even know he had done something to avert.

now,
    im not sayin this friend "bill" is contemplating suicide or anything like that, but perhaps you could just be his friend and raise him up instead of following the trend of putting him down.

you dont have to be his best friend or even a good friend, be that one friend who, when you see him, you say hello and give him a nice word.

its not hard and it wont affect you, but if you want to be a closer friend then thats good too.

naturally, also pray for this person and speak to your confession or spiritual father if you think it will help.

GBU

you brother in Christ
    mg
  • ps:

sorry about the long post, but i felt this was a relevant story and i personally love it
  • Thankyou so much mikeforjesus and mg. and I love the verse Mikeforjesus and the story was wonderful mg.