Need hymn suggestions

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hello, I am an Eastern Orthodox Christian trying to put together a homeschool study program for the early Church. I am including ancient hymns with music in the program. I would really like to include some ancient Coptic hymns from the Liturgy of St. Mark (and any other ancient hymns that you recommend). Is there anything you can recommend that is available in english, that has western notation music available on the Internet in pdf for downloading, and possibly a MP3 for listening to? I am familiar with St. Anthony's Monastery in Barstow California and their two cds and MP3 files. They are beautiful. Could any of those hymns serve my purpose with available music somewhere?

I would love to be able to recommend a cd as well as suggest where music can be downloaded and an MP3 can be listened to. But I wouldn't know where to begin when making such a decision. I would appreciate any help you can offer me.

Thank you!
In Christ,
Lizabeth

P.S. I would also be interested in similar recommendations for other Oriental Orthodox churches.