Mohamed El Baradei - Nobel Peace Speech

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hi,
As all of you know Mohamed El Baradei recently was awarded the nobel peace prize ! As far as im concerned no one else deserved it any more and in fact he announced he will donate ALL his prize money to build orphanages in Egypt! Anyway if you click this link you can watch his acceptance speech - http://nobelprize.org/peace/laureates/2005...ei-lecture.html
He has spoken very well and will make all Egyptians, very very proud that he is one of us! I truly hope you all get to see his speech! Rabana Maak

Comments

• Yeah, I really like this guy too and he truly deserved the peace prize. I didn't know he was going to build all those orphanages in Egypt though, God Bless him.

Funny thing is though, President Bush really doesn't like him. He tried to get him removed as head of the International Atomic Energy Agency back before the invasion of Iraq, when they were pretending to look for "weapons of mass desturction" because he and the former director of the IAEA, Hans Blix who was also the top weapons inspector in Iraq, said there was nothing there.

Personally, I think that in picking Baradei, the Nobel Committee sent the right message of dissaproval to the president. Anyway, I'm just glad that he has his heart in the right place.