Views on Dating!!!

2»

Comments

• What I'm asking is when do we sin, not when do we date. That's what I mean by border..

defender
  • we sin when we think lustful thoughts and have desires for another person
    we sin when we break the law and commandments of God
    we sin when we basically do anything that does not glorify the name of God
    God is a very leniant and merciful person... glorifying God in ur free time doesnt mean that u should get together and read the bible.. no
    it means that instead of talking to some grl/guy u like cause u think she/he are 'hott' because of the body God gave them... u should be expanding ur knowledge or playing a game or doing something... but not inspiring a sin or risking falling into temptation...
    doesthat answer ur question?
  • Sort of....

Thanks anyways

defender
  • I found this article addressed to parents about dating, it has no religious point of view but I guess all of us agree on most of what it says:

To Date or Not to Date

by Focus on the Family

Dating is a parental values issue and one that should be decided upon as early as possible before your teen hits adolescence. How you view dating and marriage will determine the expectations your teenager has when he goes to middle and high school. If a parent decides that his child won't date until 16, then the child is being raised with the expectation that 16 is the magic number that will allow him to date. If, on the other hand, you as a parent don't believe in dating and want your teen to pursue a friendship that could lead to courtship and marriage, your approach and messages will be very different. The key is to be consistent with your messages and expectations.

If you decide you will allow your teenager to date, guidelines are very important. He should be encouraged to group date rather than go out alone. Group dating allows your teen to become friends first with his date. There are many resources and ideas for safe group dating. It also is important that your teen already be trained in situations that could occur in group dating or singular dating. Discuss possible situations before they occur and give your child specific statements about how to say "No!" Having a game plan is always better than letting things go to chance.

Excerpted from “Let’s Talk About Sex,” published by Focus on the Family. Copyright © 1998 Focus on the Family.

defender
  • thats true, but u have to remember that in the eyes of the author's of this article, everything is ok, and with some of them even sex is.

if u want the limits and the borders, here they are once again.

friendship!! its has to stay in the boundary. once u start thinking about the person more than other people, then they aren't friends any more...u haven't commited a sin yet, but the seed for the sin is there, and it will grow. if u THINK about doing certain things with the person, then u've fallen into a sin. if u can go out with them and remain completely friends and not think about them any more or any differenly than u do any other guy/girl, then u haven't fallen into sin. But unfortunately, we can't all do that, and that's way dating is permitted or recomended at a younger age.
    I know what ur gonna say, "when u grow and get attracted to somebody ur gonna think about them differently too", but you have to remember that at that age when ur ready, and u have abouna's guidance, God will give u that love to use to love the other person with. hope this makes sense.
  • umm, just wondering why I'm being referred to as a child. I'm almost done high school, people!! Anyways, thanks paulh for ur reply, that was helpful!

Defender
  • these replies aren't being referred to u. they are general. u asked when its a sin, not when its a sin for u.
  • even when ur hs, dating should not take place
    i hate to say, i know a few ppl that once they hit the age of 18 and 19, they think they're older and mature, and that they can now date because they are legally adults...
    dont be fooled by this trap
    (not towards u Defender!)
    just out of curiousity... how old are u?
  • I dunno, I already told some1 and they were kinda shaken by how young I am, so I dunno about whether I should say my age or not??

Defender
  • i don't mean to butt in or be rude, but maybe u could put that in a private IM instead of out here in front of everybody.
  • Thanks for the advice man!! ;D

Defender
  • lol...
    as u wish
  • Hey by the way, I was told you become a senir member when you reach the 200, then how come SMS is not a senior member yet??

defender
  • yeah that was me thats said that...hmm, thats wierd. i dunno, thats what i was told..i'll ask one of the administrators about it, or if they are reading this, feel free to correct me.
  • Ya thanks Paulh, By the way, I sent admin a message and they never replied. I don't know why!

defender
  • The administrators are very busy people. Im sure they dont need me speaking for them, but they have to keep this site running so those of us who are addicted don't go cold turkey!!

God Bless Their Ministry,
    - Chris
  • I know I was just wondering about where they are...

Thanks anyways

defender
  • their there..it just takes them a while to reply to each and every forum, IM, and email, and still run the site at the same time, so they'll get to u, but it just takes a while with all the stuff they have to do
  • ya I already got that. Thanks

Defender
  • The rating system or "rank" depends on the number of posts...

Under 50 Posts - Newbie

Over 50 Posts - Jr. Member

Over 100 Posts - Full Member

Over 1,000 Posts - Sr. Member

Over 2,500 Posts - Super Member

And Finally.... Administrator level is reserved for us... the Admins/Moderators

The stars are placed according to the level or rank automatically.

However, we reserve the right to modify anyones rank or level as well as the number of postings.

Hope that clears things up.

-Tasbeha.org
  • Wow, I think it's amazing how we can go from dating to ranks all in one discussion. lol. jk.

sleepy
  • [quote author=sleepymusician link=board=1;threadid=285;start=45#msg4592 date=1088115548]
    Wow, I think it's amazing how we can go from dating to ranks all in one discussion. lol. jk.

sleepy

exactly
    maybe that is how we have the 15 pages thread and we are about to do it again
    lets stay on topic guys
    lol
  • Coptic Angel you are telling a bunch of egyptians to stay on topic you made me crack :D we always go off on tangents
  • LOOOOOOOOOOL :P :D
    thats funny :D
  • Hahaha, that is too true. ;D :D ;)

sleepy
  • u know i really get attrcted to this websites more and more everyday
    :)
  • lolololol.... join the club ;D

sleepy
  • I am personally not a big supporter of "Focus on the Family" because the person in charge, Dr. James Dobson, is a fundamentalist evagelical protestant... He is openly a bush supporter. He is also privately anti-Catholic/Orthodox.
  • Michael, I do not support it either. Protestant books that are written by anti-Catholic and anti-Orthodox usually are very offensive. At least from my experience.

Epsaltos Michael