reading? the BIBLE? howww?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
hi guys,
i wanted to ask about how are we supposed to read the bible?

cos u no at mass 'odas' we stand and like i don't concentrate ?

GBU all!

Comments

• You don't have to stand to read the Holy Bible. But you do have to concentrate.
  • Be more specific. Is this your first time reading the Holy Scriptures?

• nah i was just wondering, also do u have to wear esharb?
  • It is very important for a young lady to wear an ahsharb, it is also respectful, I do, and all the ladies wear them too! Ok, mnc_hnn, I think you need some help with concentrating on the Bible while it is being read, to tell you something, we have to think it is the real house of God, just think of how proud you will be when you hear the words in your head, just focus, pretend it's God telling you to come up to HEAVEN!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • reading the Holy Scripture is very important. since reading the Bible is one of the holiest ways to pray, it is very important to have an asharb covering your hair, EVEN IF YOU ARE AT HOME. the Bible is the same no matter where u are. you do not have to stand, but u must concentrate, the Bible is completely worthy of all your attention.
  • i've seen people at church just wearing esharb when they're having the holy communion and they take it off just after that!
  • that is what i did before i found out the reason we wear an asharb. a woman's hair is her crown. during the liturgy, you are praying before God. you cannot stand in front of God, the king of kings, with a crown on your head. it simply doesn't make sense. you should never NEVER pray without an asharb on...
  • and what does man's hair mean then?

what about if like sum ppl pray on the bus or sumthin similar ?
  • ok well then you cant really do anything about it and God understands, but when you do have a chance, use it.

a mans hair means nothing. a womans hair is her crown and glory because God created it beautiful.
  • but Jesus HIMSELF didnt tell us anything about it it's only i think st.Paul? 'boules' rit? so it's not that important
  • NOOO never say that! every single word in the Bible was written by the Holy Spirit. NEVER i mean NEVER say something that is written in the Bible isnt that important.

mnc_hnn, can you declare yourself a queen before the King of Kings? i cant, you cant, and nobody else can.
  • Hmm, I wonder. Why would a man choose to have long hair in the first place........
  • [quote author=gmankbadi link=board=11;threadid=2844;start=0#msg44096 date=1134142421]
    Hmm, I wonder. Why would a man choose to have long hair in the first place........

I have something to say gmankabi, didn't our Lord have long hair?

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • but i think the coptic church doesn't like men to have long hair and i have no idea why..
  • just 2 points from my thoughts. Firstly, coptic servant, i dont think we can know if christ had long hair. Most people have this misconception he had long hair from the representation of christ in the west as white, blue eyed, and long blonde hair. In fact as he came from israel he would have been dark (as egyptians are) had brown hair and brown eyes. Also mnc_hnn i think the coptic church doesnt like guys to have long hair because long hair is more of a feminine thing. I do remember however that baba kyrilos particulary didnt want males in the coptic church to have long hair as it is considered wrong...
  • i think (well it's sumwhere in the bible) discribing Jesus in the old testament and it said he is more beautiful than all human beings
    'abra3 gamalan men bany al bashar'

and in the old days they didnt have 'scissors' so it was a bit hard to cut hair that short that's y ppl didn't cut their hair very often

NOOO never say that!

ok i won't sis

and if nething is wrong on here, apologies can u correct it?
  • [quote author=mnc_hnn link=board=11;threadid=2844;start=0#msg44217 date=1134325841]
    but i think the coptic church doesn't like men to have long hair and i have no idea why..

Sorry if I post something incorrect or offend anyone and please correct me if I am wrong, but I think it may be because of 1 Corinthians 11:14-15?

Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him? But if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her; for her hair is given to her for a covering.

• Well whenever you are standing before God directly (I know that we are always before God, what I mean is when you are directing yourself, your thoughts, and your concentration to him), you cannot stand there with a crown sitting on your head. I believe (strictly) that whenever I do something directly concerning God and spirituality, i.e. reading the Bible, praying, ect., I cannot stand before him with a crown on my head. That's as simple as it gets.

Hope I helped :D
  • Yea I know but like... I can't seem to grasp that concept. What matters is that I'm praying, I know the church is more sacred of course but prayer is prayer. It doesn't matter whether you're in church or at home (to me).