Christmas Fast

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Hi,
Happy Fast to all of you! As some of you know the fast for Christmas started Friday, November 25th, 2005! Hope all of you get the great blessing of fasting, and Hope all of you that didn't get the chance to fast, maybe will this fast!

HAPPY FEAST!

Forever,
Coptic Servent

Comments

• I am really excited for our Christmas, and hopefully every is also, I wish you a Merry Christmas, and there is 15 days left until the fast ends!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • hey all,
    i think that question sometimes some people would like to keep it between them and god only and don't like to say it!!
    GBU
    sandra
  • [quote author=sandrahanna link=board=4;threadid=2812;start=0#msg44798 date=1135397555]
    hey all,
    i think that question sometimes some people would like to keep it between them and god only and don't like to say it!!
    GBU
    sandra

Sandra I understand that point, because I didn't ask for anyone to tell me their answer, that is why I said, Hopefully everyone is!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Dear brother,
    I would like to hear Dadamoo laho hadaya hymn if you please in arabic ... what I should do to hear it.
    Thanks/ God bless
  • [quote author=sabmalak link=board=4;threadid=2812;start=0#msg44806 date=1135438435]
    Dear brother,
    I would like to hear Dadamoo laho hadaya hymn if you please in arabic ... what I should do to hear it.
    Thanks/ God bless

Hi, first of all, I would like to welcome you sabmalak, I wish I knew what that hymn was, do you know part of it? if you do please type part of that hymn, second of all, you can go to any of these links, which ever you assume you might get that hymn quickly, the following I recommend you to go to:
    http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Hymns.html
    http://www.saintmina-holmdel.org/Multimedia/index.php
    http://www.copticchurch.org/the_good_shephered_choir.htm
    http://www.coptichymns.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Songs&file=index&q=f&f=/English_Songs/Voices_of_Joy_-_St._Mary_&_Archangel_Michael_COC,_Orlando,_FL
    http://st-takla.org/P-1_.html

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • New Year's is in four days and Christmas in ten ;D Kol sana wintom tayibeen.
  • [quote author=ServantOfJesus link=board=4;threadid=2812;start=0#msg44897 date=1135728943]
    New Year's is in four days and Christmas in ten ;D Kol sana wintom tayibeen.

Let me correct you, lol, New Year's-2 days Christmas-8 days, Rebana makom, and Kolay sana wintom tayebeen!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Is it wrong to say Merry Christmas? which might mean happy death of Christ... Should we use Nativity instead for that reason or some other reason?
  • [quote author=Coptic Servent link=board=4;threadid=2812;start=0#msg44968 date=1135975455]
    [quote author=ServantOfJesus link=board=4;threadid=2812;start=0#msg44897 date=1135728943]
    New Year's is in four days and Christmas in ten ;D Kol sana wintom tayibeen.

Let me correct you, lol, New Year's-2 days Christmas-8 days, Rebana makom, and Kolay sana wintom tayebeen!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent

Allow me to correct again,

TODAY is New Years eve, and 6 nights till the Feast of the Nativity!
    So, Happy New Year in Advance.
  • Actually let me correct you on that Mikhail,
    We are in America, you are in Australia, therefore we have different time zones, so I was actually right, at 12:00 A.M. it will be New Year's Eve!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=mikeforjesus link=board=4;threadid=2812;start=0#msg44981 date=1135997085]
    Is it wrong to say Merry Christmas? which might mean happy death of Christ... Should we use Nativity instead for that reason or some other reason?

Whoa whoa whoa whoa, slow down there, we can say Merry Christmas, it is perfectly fine, because isn't it Christmas, yes, so we are allowed to say Merry Christmas, but please remember to say Happy Birthday and a short prayer on the day of the eid!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Who ever said 'Christmas' had anything to do with 'death of Christ'? Not to mention Christ never died..
  • Christmas means Christ birth...mas means birth..so Merry Christmas is Happy Christ Birth...there is nothing wrong with that.
    There is however something wrong with sayins Merry Xmas...because u are replacing Christ with an X
  • hello,
    i would just like to say that whole correcting thing.. hilarious. I hope u all had a wonderful new year and may the Day of Nativity be joyful
  • [quote author=Marianne87 link=board=4;threadid=2812;start=0#msg45144 date=1136237297]
    Christmas means Christ birth...mas means birth..so Merry Christmas is Happy Christ Birth...there is nothing wrong with that.
    There is however something wrong with sayins Merry Xmas...because u are replacing Christ with an X

Yes, Marianne, Abouna our priest here, said the exact same thing! HeLlomYnAmEiSbOb, I was a little confused reading it over and over, but than again I find it interesting to see how we contrasted and compared each others time zones!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent