Symbolism

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
I have thought about this question for a long time, please answer honestly, and I would like to hear why you chose that, for me I would say the cross on my right hand because it shows me how the Lord suffered for us, whenever I look at the cross, and I just felt the pain when I was 5 yrs old of not even coming close to the pain that our Lord has suffered, I tell all the people that ask me about the cross that it feels like a nail going through your hand and out, it's very symbolic, but at the same time, the pain that I went through when I was 5 yrs old, wasn't as much as our Lord!

Forever,
Coptic Servent

Comments

• The cross of cource is the symbolism of christianity.
    since its the power of god.

"For the message of the cross is foolishness to thoes who are perishing . BUt to us who are being saved its the power of god"

whithout the cross there will be no christianuty
    as pope shenoda quoted on his discussion about the cross.
    "The cross is the diamound of christianity"
    in arabic.
  • the cross is the symbol of christianity and the bible is also a symbol of christianity(i think).
    GBU
    sandra
  • i believe the cross is the symbol of christianity, it resembles God's love and how much he endured for us...
  • isn't the bible a symbol too or is it just the cross??
  • of course the bible is a symbol, its the word of God...
  • well..the cross is a symbol and the bible is a symbol..so which one is like the main symbol?i hope that made sense..GBU
    sandra
  • the main symbol is the cross. if you notice during the liturgy, the deacon holds the cross BEFORE the bible. why? because the cross came before the bible.
  • well..ok the cross came before the bible but didn't the people who wrote the bible like were old..nvm..that doesn't make sense!
    GBU
    sandra
  • i understand what you mean sandra, but the Bible, as a whole, came after the cross.
  • umm..ok but th bible is the word of god...

"The cross is the diamound of christianity"

by that u guys mean that the cross is the MAIN symbol of christianity?
    GBU
    sandra
  • yes, exactly. the cross is the main symbol. it symbolizes Christ's pain and love for us.