WHAT DO U WANT IN A YOUTH MEETING

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
Hey Everyone

Ive been to many youth meetings in many different churches but i wanted to know what happens in your youth meeting at church...........what topics do u love to talk about......what activites and outings do u go out on.

Infact ill even open the discussion even further what do u want in a youth meeting?

so yea ur ideas and comments would be much appreciated

Comments

• I want to come out having learning something... lol

I like it when my priest talks (Abouna Reuiss of St George Toronto, Ontario), because he always has the most meaningful lectures. He is a very talented speaker and a good influence.
  • well..yeah thats rit and also don't forget to have fun in the middle becasue its gonna be boaring if its like 2 or 3 hours straight!!
    like one meeting before it was 3 hours long and we didn't have any break..and i never went again!!
    GBU
    sandra
  • Most people get bored in my youth sessions. But you have to learn to endure it. If you follow along, maybe participate or ask/answer questions, then it won't be so boring.

But most people do find it boring. Endure it until u enjoy it.
  • i used to luv youth meetings but after that long one i didn't go again but it was a good topic but yup the long sessions are the boaring things!!
    GBU
    sandra
  • omg if anyone around here is in bayonne, abouna Bishoy's lectures are AMAZING... they are so full of meaning and he is soooo funny... you will come out having had the best time of your life...

sometimes abouna gives lectures and sometimes we do a bible study...
    some churches go out for dinner after their youth meetings...
  • some abounas r fantastic like 2 month ago we had a bishop called bishop antonious morkos and he was awsome...although he was speaking arabic he kept on singing with us in african language and how to speak african and the liturgy was 3 and half hours but yeah..i didn't get board at all..thats what i meant by having some fun!!
    GBU
    sandra
  • we have priest that make things fun

• why don't we go in praying please God teach me what you want to teach me....?

Instead of making ourselves the preachers or administrators in our church...why don't we go in to learn first? THEN, with God's grace, God may use us to change things....

Just a thought....

In HIS Name,

RFZ
  • sandrahanna,
    I agree, Bp. Antonious Markos is a GREAT speaker.
    I enjoyed when he visited my church.
    He, HH Bishop Angelos, and HH Bishop Soriel are three of my favorite bishops!
  • in youth meetings i like to hear about dating. I think a lot of us need to learn more about why we shouldn't date or when can we date, can we ever date? I also think that we should learn about more subjects in life, like how we shouldn't be afraid to hide our faith in school, we should be proud that we are coptic. We should learn more about our Coptic Faith. I fell like i don't know much about my own religion. I hope i helped you. God Bless you always and happy Thanksgiving. ;D
  • Hi,
    I would like to say that any Priest, or Bishop that come to our church, have amazing lectures, I say Pope Shenouda's answers are outstanding! Welcome angel from heaven Hope you enjoy your time hear, I love your response, and I agree, I think we need to learn more about why Coptic Christians can't date, and when we're aloud to date, and I think we shouldn't hide our faith, we should be proud of being Coptic Christians, you should be very claimable that you are Coptic Christian, don't be afraid!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent

[quote author=angel from heaven link=board=13;threadid=2773;start=0#msg43140 date=1132846479]
    in youth meetings i like to hear about dating. I think a lot of us need to learn more about why we shouldn't date or when can we date, can we ever date? I also think that we should learn about more subjects in life, like how we shouldn't be afraid to hide our faith in school, we should be proud that we are coptic. We should learn more about our Coptic Faith. I fell like i don't know much about my own religion. I hope i helped you. God Bless you always and happy Thanksgiving. ;D