Exodus 10 and 11 problems

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I cant understand 2 things.. plz get out your bible or a bible and read..

Exodus 10

28 Then Pharaoh said to him, “Get away from me! Take heed to yourself and see my face no more! For in the day you see my face you shall die!”
29 So Moses said, “You have spoken well. I will never see your face again.”

But I think in the next chapter he did see him again, so I dont understand..

Exodus 11
4 Then Moses said, “Thus says the LORD: ‘About midnight I will go out into the midst of Egypt; 5 and all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the firstborn of Pharaoh who sits on his throne, even to the firstborn of the female servant who is behind the handmill, and all the firstborn of the animals. 6 Then there shall be a great cry throughout all the land of Egypt, such as was not like it before, nor shall be like it again. 7 But against none of the children of Israel shall a dog move its tongue, against man or beast, that you may know that the LORD does make a difference between the Egyptians and Israel.’ 8 And all these your servants shall come down to me and bow down to me, saying, ‘Get out, and all the people who follow you!’ After that I will go out.” Then he went out from Pharaoh in great anger.
9 But the LORD said to Moses, “Pharaoh will not heed you, so that My wonders may be multiplied in the land of Egypt.” 10 So Moses and Aaron did all these wonders before Pharaoh; and the LORD hardened Pharaoh’s heart, and he did not let the children of Israel go out of his land.

Why was Moses angry here? it probably wasnt a sin but I dont understand..

Comments

• hi mikefor jesus,
    on the two points
    1) After Moses said “You have spoken well. I will never see your face again.” it does not at all mention that Moses left the presence of Pharaoh, but it seems like the begining of chapter 11 is just continuing on of the same meeting started at the end of chapter 10 (Remember the bible was not written in chapters, rather the whole book of exodus in one chunk). So its seems that God gave Moses the revealation of the first borns while he was still in the presence of Pharaoh. In chapter 12 also Pharaoh sends a message to Moses but this could have been done through a messenger.

2) Im guessing Moses was angry because after 9 plagues Pharaoh would still not let the Jews go, and many times Pharaoh would say, "I have sinned, i will let them go" then he would go back on his word. I would be pretty angry too!

hope that helped
  • it does help because it gives me something to think about if I want to
  • Another question

EXO13:16 And it shall be for a token upon thine hand, and for frontlets between thine eyes: for by strength of hand the LORD brought us forth out of Egypt.

This might be obvious but I dont understand what is meant by "token upon thine hand"

By "frontlets between thine eyes" I believe what is meant is going over it again and again in your mind.. as thats how I understood it from a website I read.
  • Therefore I sacrifice to the LORD all males that open the womb, but all the firstborn of my sons I redeem.’ 16 It shall be as a sign on your hand and as frontlets between your eyes, for by strength of hand the LORD brought us out of Egypt.”

I believe the meaning of "token upon thine hand" or "sign on your hand" is that you redeem or save or keep the firstborn with your own hand and give to the Lord, so that when a firstborn asks "why" it is so, he will get the appropriate answer, it is a "sign on your hand".
  • why is it a sign on the sons hand?
    sorry im confused
  • i believe it means, doing it with your own hand, with your own free will
  • Ok it makes sense now THANX!