Halloween

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Okay we dont believe we should go trick or treat its satanic but will you give some candy to a kid who asks from you?

Comments

• no because that means you support people who trick or treat
  • like christ4life said, u dont have to be doing the wrong thing for it to be a sin, as long as u are encouraging it.

-pETE
  • i don't think its wrong giving kids candy we just don't go but we can just make them happy by a piece of candy!

i don't think its wrong if just giving them candy but u no what i only gave little kids!!!
    GBU
  • no it is wrong, because it means that you support his cause... here look at it this way...

i support Red Cross ok... im gonna give them blood... its somewhere along those lines... if i didnt support Red Cross, people would call me crazy if i gave them blood...
  • but we don't care about US celebrating holloween we just have fun giving little kids candy!!!
    GBU
  • how is supporting celtics fun?
  • "When you come into the land which the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominations of those nations. These shall not be found among you anymore who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a sportiest, or one who calls up the dead" (Deuteronomy 18:9-11).
    It is clearly written in Deuteronomy, that we should not follow the abominations of this nation. The supporting of Halloween (even by giving little children candy) encourages the evils of this harmful day. I
    suggest turning your front lights off so children knock at your door.
  • okay...thanks for that hint!
    GBU
  • Maybe we can do the sign of the cross on the candy we give them and say we give you this in the name of Jesus Christ!
  • H.G. Bishop Suriel has written a great article on this issue which can be read here.
  • thats really cool...thanks!
    GBU
  • giving the little kids candy is not a sin...or u could just say that u ran out of candy

i personally hate halloween.it gives me the creeps
  • i personally hate halloween. i think its the worst day of the year despite the fact that its my birthday. what we do is we turn the lights off outside of our house and people understand that we don't want to take part in this "holiday" and only a few people ring the doorbell all night.
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=10;threadid=2685;start=0#msg41590 date=1130897167]
    how is supporting celtics fun?
    Um, what's wrong with Celtic people? :P
  • halloween is a freeky day!
    but all the candy is great!!!

i went trick treat last yr, when i was a SENIOR in high SCHOOL!
    hahhahhaa........ my dad thought i was crazy!!!

my little brother goes!!!

bentBABAyasooa`
  • i think it's ok because halloween is actully all saint's day eve and hallows means saints co children just do it for fun and it is nice and a bit of a scare.

but still........................................FUN :P

GBU
  • Theres nothing with candy (actually since im in the UK it's "sweets"- u guys a make me talk like u lol) and givin it to kids.

Howeva there are serious incidents on halloween when usually young adults smash windows and terrorise old people etc.
  • true, i almost got hit by a guy in a hemi on halloween :'(
  • i also hate halloween hate it. i consider it a devils holiday. no offense to u deacon. but u stoil celebrate ur birthday at home rite.????
  • haloween one of the days my mum hates most..

dressing up as devils, witches...wizards..wat subliminalmessage is being persuaded to kids??? how many angels do u see on haloween in regards to witches and ghosts...

i am against haloween and do not recomment the handing our of chocolates!