Picture this

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hello,
When we were little, in kindergarten or preschool, or elementry school, we all heard our teacher say, "Now, I want you to picture this..." If I'm not mistaken, but what is so unique about that, you ask, as Albert Einstein said, "Imagination is better than knowledge" Well, I have have been having those times where when I sleep and then I wake up my imagination like came true, what do you think that caused that? what is the Church's view on that, and I used to always have dreams when my eyes are open, and like I imagine I'm in Heaven, and no more earth or planet, and no more living, did that ever happen to any of you? If you would like to share a comment please feel free, I really would like to hear your opinions!

Forever,
Coptic Servent

Comments

• Wow....no it didn't happen....bas I think in the first few minutes after waking up, we really don't know what is really real or not....faa I don't think that should count as "imagination coming true" but I'm not sure this is what you mean.....

In HIS Name,

RFZ
  • thank you so much rf_zachari for your opinion, I really appreciate it, what do the others think? please I would like to know all your opinions if you don't mind sharing!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • How can u dream your in Heaven?
    How do we imagine the Kingdom of God?
    How do we imagine ourselves in the Kingdom of God?

• Coptic Servant, if you have personal experiences of this sort, and would like serious help or advice, you should consult your Father of Confession - he is your spiritual guide and only he can discern the authenticity of such things for you, and advise you as to how approach and treat such matters.

For an authoritative opinion on the general issue however, I suggest you listen to Fr. Athanasius Iskander's lectures on "Presumptuous Sins", which can be downloaded or heeard here: http://coptichymns.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sermons&file=index&q=f&f=/English/_Fr_Athanasius_Iskander/Presumptuous_Sins
  • Thank you so much Iqbal, enshalah next week I will talk to my Father of Confession when I confess!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent