Prediction

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hi,
I'm just starting to read the book of Revelations, can I know what people know about Revelations, or what's your favorite part, Why? what do you think about Revelations, do you like it? what part scares you?
-From what I heard about people who went to AbuGhalamses that there are parts that scares you, I heard about 2 beasts fighting, and the clouds turning into darkness, or something like that
[glow=red,2,300]**Please and Thank You**[/glow]
Forever,
Coptic Servent

Comments

• I'm on my 2nd Chapter, and it is beautiful but scary at the same time, Thank you so much MarMar!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Revelations is the epitomy of analogical symbolism to incorporate the very richness of the Christian faith. Be sure not to take the passages in a literally. Events must occur but the scripture by Saint John analogically expresses his heavenly vison. Even the glory of Christ decribed at the very beggining will be far greater in reality then what John was able to explicate.

I am in the process of studying the various chapters of the divine book.

God Bless.
  • i heard that revelation has to be read once a year... and u have to read it with out a single mistake... God cant forgive u if u make a mistake reading it.

i hope this helps! ;D
  • [quote author=50Centupinhereyo link=board=11;threadid=2618;start=0#msg43625 date=1133555457]
    i heard that revelation has to be read once a year... and u have to read it with out a single mistake... God cant forgive u if u make a mistake reading it.

i hope this helps! ;D

hmph..I don't think that's true...There's no way that's like a "rule".
  • I agree with ServantofJesus. I don't think if you a make a mistake you can't control God will condemn you...
  • [quote author=50Centupinhereyo link=board=11;threadid=2618;start=0#msg43625 date=1133555457]
    i heard that revelation has to be read once a year... and u have to read it with out a single mistake... God cant forgive u if u make a mistake reading it.

i hope this helps! ;D

I think that there is some confusion here. I think you misunderstood what someone said to you or something that you read about Revelations. It is read once a year in church on Apocalypse night. Also, since this is a book of prophecies yet to be fulfilled, it is important to make sure we do not make mistakes in reading it, because a simple misreading can change the entire meaning. For this reason in our church, we have two older deacons responsible for correcting any errors in the reading that night. This is so that we are not led into false interpretations, not because "God can't forgive you." There is ONLY one sin that can't be forgiven and that is blaphemy against the Holy Spirit.