MSN; is a way of letting out your feelings

whywhy
edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
hey guy, ive got a problem..................i know this great guy right.......hes very good n close to god however everytime i speak to him on msn he tells me his true passionate feelings towards me however there are catches

1. On msn he can easily lie
2. no garantee its him
3. maybe he doesnt mean it in the way im taking it seeing i cannot see him (facial expression) or hear him (tone of voice)

however thats not the problem......this is

i can just easily blok n delete however he knows my details like my no. n my adress ( hes a family friend n he moved ova sees n i cant talk to him face to face) n bloking him may not be the best thing to do ....reasons

1. feelings may become bottled up n result in something outrages happening
2. i cannot talk 2 him to tell him my prorities (like skool)
3. he might get angry n result in something bad

however bloken n deleten will make this issue go away well for the time being....what do u think i should do....plz think from all different angles including my safety...thank you plz post asap

Comments

• Well....for starters:

How is it that he's close to God and u're afraid if u block him he'll do something outrageous? How is it that he never met you face to face except through a friend (?!) How is it that the only way he tells you his true passionate feelings is only through MSN and not through personal communication....

Ok...I'm assuming both of you are well into your twenties and seriously thinking about a relationship....ok? (If not, immediately go to your father confessor and tell him, and block the guy..don't worry...the guy won't do anything in that case...)

As you said, MSN can blindside a person out of his/her wits...so you'll HAVE to first meet with your father confessor and tell him, and see what he says...then u'll have to meet the guy personally (if your father confessor agrees)...and see if he'll repeat what he said....(of course, I do not mean going to extremes)...also, see f he's serious about a matrimonal relationship...not a one-night stand or so forth...or else the relationship is doomed to failure because it's not based on making the other truly happy...

Whatever you do, pray a lot, attend Mass and take in the Holy Communion a lot...and always always pray and say "Whatever is from you Lord, give it....whatever isn't take ot away..."

In HIS name...

RFZ
  • HOWA...I didn't read your post correctly...school? Oh no my dear.....u're still WAY too young...way too young really....stay away from this mess and try to concentrate your live on Christ in HIS church.....May God bless....

RFZ
  • thanks marmar n rfz......

i am still in skool n hes not, thats the problem....howeva i know where ur going and i have decided to blok but not delete until i talk 2 abouna n im pretty sure he will tell me that i must send message tellen him my priorites however im very scared to write that because i might really make a fool of myself because he might just be fooling around.....

do u think i should
    1. write a letta with my priorites
    2. ask him what he means and if he is serious then a letta with my priorites

thanks for ur help by the way......
  • Dear all,

MarMar....I'm in the last year in the faculty of Engineering... ;D

"why" (whoever you are :D), look...go to your father confessor as stated before...and se what he says...I don't really get the part about "priorities"...why should you give him a letter about YOUR priorities? What does he has in it...tell him simply you're not interested and you have other more impotant things for now....what's this about the letter....? If u'll write it to yourself, then fine...that's great...but give it to him? I don' know....that doesn't make sense....

Stay completly away from him.....simple as that....concentrate on your life with your Lord...and let these things come in their own good time.....

In HIS name....
    RFZ
  • Exactly....MarMar put it in exact terms...thanks :D

Oh....and I don't think even my age is appropriate...give it three more years I guess...for girls maybe...but that's not a rule....

RFZ
  • Dear Why,
    Look, it isn't just MSN, it can be AIM or Yahoo! Why listen it's not the proper age to talk about this, I think in your 20's it is, from peoples experiences, you should just straight out talk to him and say, just test him to see if it is him, because people can know peoples' passwords and go on there sn, but just sayu to him, can we just be friends just like MarMar said, it is true people have feelings, just my opinion!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • hey thanks for the feed back for all the suggestions

however i did go to my confession father and i will tell u what he told me for all those people that are scared or worried to tell their confesion father with similar situations....

first i said to him....look abouna i am going to talk to you like a friend and tell you everything (if you cant say something infront of a confession father imaging you are saying it to ur friend it really works and makes sure u dont leave any important information) anyway i told him everything from the begining and my theories behind why it may not be the best to blok

then he asked me for his age....which i said 27 and my age which was much younger than him (7+) and he told me............... look it would be much better if you stop talking to him seeing thats its not ur age for this kind of talking seeing that right now JESUS CHRIST is your fiance (if thats spelt correctly) and if you were engaged and people started to talk to you like that, you would stop talking to him completely......

so there you have it...............

my advice ...don't put yourself infront of bullets even though it may not seem like it.......keep ur distance and something abouna told me...............try to use MSN with your friend as a way of growing spiritually which was very pleasing to hear because this website is very good in helping people develop spiritually

thanx for those who participated.....marina
  • any 1 have similar situation ??? :- :)
  • Generally speaking...MSN isn't really an excellent means of communicaton except maybe for casual chit-chat....any serious talk MUST be one on one....face to face....if MSN is used, HUGE rifts may happen, 'cuz it's completly different when you write something and when you say it...facial expressions also play an important role...

Ya...I had a similar experience, but it's one in what we in arabic call "khedma"..."Church Service"...long story...but as stated above...DO NOT use MSN for any serious talk....

In HIS Name,

RFZ
  • [quote author=why link=board=10;threadid=2584;start=0#msg40113 date=1128822952]
    any 1 have similar situation ??? :- :)

Ya i had a very similar one...and to the surprise my FOC said the exact same things...abounas are GREAT...lol ;D
  • thats sooooo true.........

however i think it should differ if different age groups.....im in the teenage group ...how bout u?
  • i hope i can stop it...... well ive tried to but i always come bak too it....but ill try to stop while i have skool...

n maybe u understood wrong im younger by 7+ so im younger that him more than 7 years which is a big moseeba :-\

• yer i known hes my mums cousin!!! the biggest moseeba of all n yer ill try to susbstitute it with somefing!!!
  • omg...eww thats just gross...does ur mom know??? :o
  • definetly not..................

i cant bring myself to tell her....
  • :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\should 1??? :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
  • ur right plus if i told her she would probably do something outrages n talk 2 him ova da fone n i dont want that do i :-[ :-\ :'(
  • i agree, your mother would probably freak out if you told her...

like marmar said just be extra extra cautious when your around him n pray everything goes well...
  • thats true...ill definetly keep my distance...i also had the same sort of incident with my second cousin n i thought it was ova seeing he didnt talk or write anything to me for a while almost 2 months n then i cheked my messages today n he wrote something but because ive prayed about it alot ...i dont really want to panic

should i? becasue if i should i will ???
  • lol...no you should never panic. that keeps you from thinking straight and you need to think straight.
  • ok m not panicing....... 8) 8) 8).im cool :-\
  • actually thats funny...because i dont think that im pretty but u know now one thinks their pretty.....

n i donno what is wrong wid dem...i wish i had a normal family :-[
  • well i sorta like this cross...even though its a cross :D

thank GOD
  • the family not being normal 1
  • lol, m guessing the one shes carrying? lol...

yea no1 can say they have a normal family, all the more an egyptian...
  • lol ....yeh
  • It's no different here, even though I'm almost 22 now....

No one has a normal family, and that's true too...Mom choosing my spouse, Dad about work, not leaving me to myself, blah blah blah...but when one sticks TRULY to his/her church, then God will help in carrying their crosses...whatever happens, He'll be there...

"Why"...nevertheless....GOOOOOOOOD LUCK with your family....very strange indeed...as MArMar said....that's illegal! Rabena ma3aky....

MSN is useful sometimes...but like anything....it's a two-edged sword...you don't use it correctly, it'll hurt you...

In HIS Name,

RFZ
  • OMG ur sooooooooo funny....but whats illegal bout it.....

n i wouldnt mind if my mum chose...come on how different could her choice be from hers???????

dont answer in anger PLZ
  • her choice would be veeeeeeeerrrryyy diff, well at least mine... but i dont know how thats illegal, but its definitely WRONG.
  • well not mine....i dont think it should be illegal